What's Your Favorite Sf Or Fantasy Tv Series?

papasmurf

Well, with the obvious success of the "Movie" thread, it was inevitable a thread should be started on the many fine TV series we all grew up with.

Being a very old Smurf, mine come from the 60's mostly, but any era is fine. The TV series must be SF or Fantasy in nature, and your "Top Three" are requested!

This should be a lot of fun for everyone as well. :smiley20:

I know Mark, and Garth, are going to get all stoked up about this one!! Hehehehe...... :smiley17:

It was sort of "leaning that way", with the last few posts on the "Movie" thread, so I thought, "Why Not"?

I'll start the thread with my all time fav's, oldies but "goodies".

Some of our younger members probably won't know some of these, but you "Baby Boomer's" should! :lol:

1. "The Invaders"

2. "The Prisoner"

3. "The Outer Limits" (Original 60's BW version)

Yes, I loved Star Trek, Space 1999, Thunderbirds, all those classics, but these 3 really "captivated" me best of all! :wub:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourites were ST:DS9 - especially the last two seasons - and Space: Above and Beyond, which wasn't given a fair run. Thunderbirds has always been a favourite as well. I just watched the (old) movie last week - what fun!

My favorites?

Hmmm.

BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA (the original)

AIRWOLF (the CBS version, NOT the USA version)

THE A-TEAM

RIPTIDE

MAGNUM, PI

SIMON & SIMON

THAT 70s SHOW

CHEERS (the Shelley Long years)

NIGHT COURT

THE NEXT GENERATION (ST)

SG-1

ST:ENTERPRISE

My favourites were ST:DS9 - especially the last two seasons - and Space: Above and Beyond, which wasn't given a fair run. Thunderbirds has always been a favourite as well. I just watched the (old) movie last week - what fun!

BINGO! :smiley20:

THAT'S WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!

I had completely forgotten what a great series "Space Above and Beyond" was, and yes, it didn't get the chance it deserved. Great production quality, very good story-line, I don't get it either..... :smiley25:

saab.jpg

Firefly. Hands down. Joss Whedon is a freaking genius. If you don't believe that, go watch a show called Wonderfalls, on DVD of course, because Fox can't stand having a successful series and they always mess it up.

Babylon 5 was good too.

Woah! Too many Garth, and they have to be SF or Fantasy! Shows like "Cheers", and "Simon & Simon", don't qualify. And, it's gotta be your top 3, that's what makes this game "difficult", having to decide, out of a lot of good shows, which are your "true" favorites, out of all of them, that's the challenge! :smiley2:

Give it another shot Dude! :smiley17:

Firefly. Hands down. Joss Whedon is a freaking genius. If you don't believe that, go watch a show called Wonderfalls, on DVD of course, because Fox can't stand having a successful series and they always mess it up.

Babylon 5 was good too.

Both excellent, loved the "Shadow Wars" episodes, on Babylon 5, excellent story plot! :smiley20:

Firefly was cool as well, the film was pretty good too!

Thank God there's one season of the new BSG coming, otherwise, what's next, only reruns? :smiley19:

Keep it going guys! I gotta head to the Studio and do some work, I'll check back in later today!

babylon5-1.jpg

Top 3!!!!!!!! Aaaarrrrrggggh! How do I whittle the list down to just three?

Okay...my Top 3 are:

Babylon 5

Futurama

Stargate SG-1

Good choices, there's B5 again, and Futurama! Why that show didn't get a better reaction, is a tad of a "Mystery" to me.

And SG has been running for decades now, good show, although I've missed episodes here and there, and am frankly, a bit lost on the "time-line", if you'll excuse the expression..... :smiley17:

stargate-sg1-06.jpg

That's EASY.

SG-1 (The Richard Dean Anderson episodes)

BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA (The original)

ST: THE NEXT GEN and ST: ENTERPRISE

Note: ST: ENTERPRISE - only because of Jolene Blalock)

Good choices, there's B5 again, and Futurama! Why that show didn't get a better reaction, is a tad of a "Mystery" to me.

And SG has been running for decades now, good show, although I've missed episodes here and there, and am frankly, a bit lost on the "time-line", if you'll excuse the expression..... :smiley17:

stargate-sg1-06.jpg

Guys and maybe Goils, the enthusiasm is obvious, but please, stick to 3. You may mention someone else's fav, and ruin their opportunity to post an original show. That's the whole point of this thread, the TOP THREE!!!! :blink: 3, Trois, THREE, trez, drei, OK!!!?? :P

Your 3 tops, that's it, gotta play the "game" by the rules, OK? B)

Naughty, IPMS Members, naughty...... :smiley4: ....you people crack me up.....in a good way.... :lol:

That's EASY.

SG-1 (The Richard Dean Anderson episodes)

BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA (The original)

ST: THE NEXT GEN and ST: ENTERPRISE

Note: ST: ENTERPRISE - only because of Jolene Blalock)

Oh God, don't go theeeere, she's so incredibly HOOOOTTT!!! Stop, bad thoughts....no, must resist....aaargh...... :wub:

This is the "Least Hot" photo of her, the rest, well, I don't want kids to come here to gawk at "Pin-ups", but she is just so sweeeeet! Keeping to "PG" guidelines, but ooooh, some pics of this girl are awesome!

0000004174_20060919215921.jpg

She could mind-meld with me ANY time she'd wants to ............

Oh God, don't go theeeere, she's so incredibly HOOOOTTT!!! Stop, bad thoughts....no, must resist....aaargh...... :wub:

This is the "Least Hot" photo of her, the rest, well, I don't want kids to come here to gawk at "Pin-ups", but she is just so sweeeeet! Keeping to "PG" guidelines, but ooooh, some pics of this girl are awesome!

0000004174_20060919215921.jpg

Mmmmm...yes, but purely in a "scientific", way dear colleague,.....hehehehe.... :smiley2:

102307110452-beaker.jpg

Oh, yes, Brisco was brilliant! Once again, Fox dropped the ball in favour of more teen crap and "reality" tv......

Bruce Campbell is a great light comic actor. He is currently on USA's Burn Notice. I like him in everything he is in.

Top three, hum........that's sort of hard. I use to like watching Lost in Space, Voyage to the botom of the sea, and all those other late sixties scifi shows when I was growing up. When I look at it now I can't believe I watched them. So I guess the more recent shows seem better.

Star Trek Deep Space 9

Doctor Who (the new series)

Star Trek Next Generation

Eric

The three that generated my lifelong obsession with watching sci-fi series on the tube were, in no particular order:

1. Space Patrol (ships: Terra IV and Terra V)

2. Captain Video (ships: X-9 and Galaxy)

3. Tom Corbett, Space Cadet (ship: Polaris)

These shows were done daily or weekly on impossibly skimpy budgets and were done LIVE! All the rest to follow, including Rocky Jones, Space Ranger, etc. from the 1950's were shot on film. But, hey, I was 8-15 years old when I watched them on a seven-inch (later eleven-inch) B&W screen. So, Simon, find some shots from these shows! Who has DVD's of these series?

Ed

The three that generated my lifelong obsession with watching sci-fi series on the tube were, in no particular order:

1. Space Patrol (ships: Terra IV and Terra V)

2. Captain Video (ships: X-9 and Galaxy)

3. Tom Corbett, Space Cadet (ship: Polaris)

These shows were done daily or weekly on impossibly skimpy budgets and were done LIVE! All the rest to follow, including Rocky Jones, Space Ranger, etc. from the 1950's were shot on film. But, hey, I was 8-15 years old when I watched them on a seven-inch (later eleven-inch) B&W screen. So, Simon, find some shots from these shows! Who has DVD's of these series?

Ed

I do remember seeing Tom Corbett, a loooong time ago, and I faintly recall seeing reruns of the other 2 as a very young kid. As far as DVD's, I'd check out Google, or Amazon, for vintage 50's SF transferred to DVD.

SpaceCadets.jpg

Top three, hum........that's sort of hard. I use to like watching Lost in Space, Voyage to the botom of the sea, and all those other late sixties scifi shows when I was growing up. When I look at it now I can't believe I watched them. So I guess the more recent shows seem better.

Star Trek Deep Space 9

Doctor Who (the new series)

Star Trek Next Generation

Eric

Good choices! I'm also enjoying the new Dr. Who series, but "My Dr. Who" will always be Tom Baker, funny guy! :smiley20:

tombaker_archive_01_450_450x300.jpg