That Fokker is a Messerschmitt

Dakimbrell

Work in progress. Eduard Bf-109 E4 "yellow 10" crash landed on Sept 28, 1940 near East Langdon, Kent. More figures will be added. Eduard 1/32nd kit with civilians from various sources. Figures are a little glossy because they have not been dull coated yet.

Dak

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

• Like 1

Now that is one superb diorama! The civilians really make this one shine! 

Great build, nice weathering.  The figures really add a lot.  The trenches dug by the prop is a really nice touch.  Just one negative and  I present it with the best intentions.  I see nothing that tells the story of why he went down.  Did he run out of gas?

• 3 months later...

Very cool David, I like your realism and interpretation, right down to the fuselage tears and bullet holes. 

Are we to assume this is a just-downed aircraft?  It seems almost too clean to have crash-landed on open ground without some thrown up soil, dust, or other earthen debris languishing on the wings.  But perhaps I don't know the whole story behind your efforts.  

Also, did you list the scale?  Or did I miss that?

I can only hope my long-planned diorama turns out as good as yours.  I've been staring both a Celluclay box and containers of epoxy resin and hardener in the face for several weeks now as I've never used it before and fear my own inability to properly utilize it.  

There are several photos of the aircraft. I included on on the plague on the base. There didn’t seem to be anything on the wings in the photo. I did take artistic license by leaving the rear canopy in place. I believe the pilot jettisoned it before landing. 

Dak

76F9DD5F-E163-402C-AC2A-F8EAB02870A9.jpeg

• 2 months later...