Las Vegas Lawn Dart in 1:72

Chris Bucholtz

Here's my latest completion: the FROG re-pop of the Academy F-16C Block 52. The kit's overly-pointy nose was replaced with a Wolf Pack nose. Also lending a hand was a Wolf Pack burner and tailpipe, Aires cockpit, CMK main gear bay, and Master Models pitot, AOA probes and static discharge wicks. To get a Night Vision Goggles-compatible canopy, I swapped the tinted kit canopy from one from an old Hasegawa kit. The paints were a mix of ModelMaster and Humbrol enamels. Weathering was applied with a Payne's gray sludge wash, followed by the application of fluid leaking with a Staedler .05mm pigment liner, and finally pastels once the flat coat was on. All the ordnance - save the Hasegawa ACMI pod - came from the kit. The decals are from TwoBobs for 91-0362, which has served at Nellis AFB (right by Las Vegas!)  at the USAF Weapons School for its entire career. This is how it appeared in 2006. 

F-16C 3.jpg

F-16C 9.jpg

F-16C 10.jpg

F-16C rear quarter.jpg

• Like 2

That turned out really well! 👍 I had no idea that Frog did repops of Academy kits. The things that one can learn here...