Cold War US APCs & SPGs

Stikpusher

We now have nearly every main production variant of the Pershing/Patton family in 1/35 injection plastic, aside from the original basic M48. But how about the other AFVs of mechanized combat arms, the infantry and artillery that served alongside the Patton’s during the 50’s and 60’s before the M113 and M109 came into service? The M75 and M59 APCs, the M53 and M55 SPGs, the M114 and M56 would all be great to have to sit alongside the Patton’s.

4 hours ago, RGronovius said:

How hard is it to backdate the Dragon M48A1 to the original M48?

At the very least, there is a different cupola. It’s similar to the Urdan, but with an attached mount for the .50 similar to the type used by the M113. I want to say that the early muzzle brake was the same tube type as used on the M47. But I’d have to look at references to confirm that and any other differences.

Is it the same one used on the M103? I do know it is different than the crappy one we had on the later M48s, I wonder if an M103 can be robbed if they are the same/similar style?

2 hours ago, RGronovius said:

Is it the same one used on the M103? I do know it is different than the crappy one we had on the later M48s, I wonder if an M103 can be robbed if they are the same/similar style?

I think there is some slight difference in the mount framework. A Greek AM company called Slingshot Models made one, but it does not appear to be in business anymore.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/slingshotmodels-ssm35004-m48-patton-early-type-commanders-cupola--235070