Gator Glue

Dick Montgomery

Just in communication with Gator Glue. GG is an acrylic-based glue that is often used to attach clear parts or replace small window glass in airplanes, ships, etc.
Kenny, the proprietor/owner/creator, of this glue has indicated that he will cease the manufacture of this excellent glue. It seems that the damage and devastation for this season's hurricanes are at fault.
You might want to visit your LHS (local hobby shop) TODAY and procure a couple of bottles of this excellent product while it is still available.

For me it's not just that it's so great for p/e installation and other small/delicate parts, it's almost an essential tool for my commission clients, magazine articles and ebooks.  In fact, I just finished a magazine article describing a Porsche Junior 108 tractor vignette that...I think...used GG in it.  If it did...and I hope not...readers will be looking for something I recommended that doesn't exist any more!

Friends, thank you for your support during the trying times.  I'm trying to carve out an area to make and bottle the glue along with fill orders and maybe build a model or two where we are staying until we can get a new home on our property.  We have just got cable and internet at our temporary home.  Officials expect clean up and recovery to take a year after getting hit by two hurricanes in a month.  We try to celebrate the little accomplishments and progress to keep our spirits up.  It is a daily battle, not only because of what we see and experience, but also when you see your child struggle with the change to his environment.

Please be patient.  Thank you and I apologize for the confusion.

Hi all,

Last night I got an email from Kenny "Gator" Loup and permission to post his letter to me going into detail what he's been going thru.  Without further ado, here 'tis:

Hello Richard,

"I am still making and selling my glue.  I have given the mask business to Jeff Herne at Scale Colors.  We are displaced because our 50 year old mobile home was damaged beyond repair.  Of course, a home of that age is impossible to insure so we only had insurance on the contents.  We were fortunate to have my brother-in-law offer up his dad’s home for us to stay in until we get a new modular home to put on our property.

Things were pretty hectic around here as we had to move everything out of the house, find a place to kennel four of our five German Shepherds, I am able to keep my service dog with me, demo the house and shop for a new home all the while going back to work with our Parish government.

It seemed every time I got ready to fill orders, I had something to do at the house to prepare for demo.  I also find out that while people feel bad for our situation, they still expected their order shipped ASAP.  Needless to say many of those people have never had to put their world back together after not one, but two hurricanes within a three week period.

So, I contemplated shutting Gator’s down.  It was expendable.  I don’t make that much money, it pays for itself.  I felt that I was letting everyone down.  Going back and forth to work and running errands, you see the damage to our community everyday.  It’s hard.  I was at the end of my rope.  But I have good friends who talked me down.  So, I am making Gator’s more manageable for me by focusing on selling glue.

I’m open for business. I’m ordering materials this weekend for my stock and some orders for my retailers.  Just tell people to please be patient.

Kenny Loup"

So go ahead and order Gator's Glue.  It's not going anywhere but do exercise patience.
Edited by ipmsusa2
  • Like 1

This is outstanding news Kenny! I do need to order more glue but I can wait. Take care of family first and then others. I do know what it is like being hit twice by hurricanes. Elena hit us twice way back when; totaling my car around a telephone  pole. I'm so very sorry others have been inconsiderate of your situation. That being said, I'm thrilled you will remain in the glue business. Jeff Herne is a great guy and well worth keeping the masks going. Way to go Kenny, it's nice to see prayers answered; and I'm still keeping you in mine.