The Duke Reaches Another Milestone

Mark Deliduka

That's right. With these five most recent completions, I've reached the milestone of 800 small scale vehicles built.

Without further ado, here they are.

First two to come in were the two Churchill AVRE's I was building for the Churchill Challenge on Missing Lynx.

the Churchill MK.3 AVRE:

full

full

full

and the Churchill Mk.4 AVRE:

full

full

full

After that, I finished the three tank transporters that I was doing for the Group Build on Missing Lynx. First to be done was the Japanese Type 78 Tank Transporter:

full

full

full

And since it is a Tank Transporter, here it is with a tank-like vehicle on it:

full

Next came the M-977 HEMMTT Tank Transporter. This thing gave me fits! It isn't complete yet, just finished as I can't go any further until I find the big circular thing that goes on the side:

full

full

full

And here it is with a tank-like vehicle as well. It is quite small, you can see this M-1117 Guardian barely fits:

full

And finally, my 800th small scale vehicle finished. Like the HEMMTT, it ain't complete yet; just finished until I can find or replace that rear axle sub-assembly.

Here is my M-1070 HET Tank Transporter:

full

full

full

And here it is hauling an M-1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK I:

full

Later I'll finish the Dozer that originally came with that kit. Until then, I just had to pose it with a tank since the other two tank transporters had tank or tank-like vehicle loads.

There they are my first five models finished for the month of October. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Looking good, Mark.  It's taken me 3 months to get a Monogram 1/48th scale F-106 to the point where I'm almost ready to glue the fuselage halves together.

Duke, 

You never cease to amaze! I don't think anyone enjoys modeling as much as you. Keep it up and bring 'em to Vegas in 21.

Nicholas, thanks! Sometimes I feel like it's taken me three months just to get these to the paint stage myself! I know how you feel.

Ron, thanks! I do plan on bringing these five as well as a few more. One of them I hope to bring along with these is my An-124...