Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito -need interpretation

StuartMont

Hello,

I need to get an interpretation of the attached.  I wanted to show you where i am in the build and a close up of my question.  Am i supposed to cut a hole to the shape of the shaded area?  Typically they provide a bit size to make holes.  If so some advice on doing that would be greatly appreciated.  This is my fourth 1/32 scale model and by far the most complicated given my experience.

One more question.  Do you ever put on decals before the model is completed?  I am especially wondering about the stuff that goes on the bottom of the wings/fuselage for this model.

Stuart

51456DA0-E036-4840-8AF0-E968A2D1DAB7_1_105_c.jpeg

92FB620F-47BC-4F7A-B1C2-B018A6547910_1_105_c.jpeg

The circled part shows things needing removed probably due to the version of the plane. You can sand them smooth. as for decals, I usually put them on when done as I screw around with seams forever it seems so I would wreck them if putting them on early

Dave

thanks so much for the response.  sanding it is.

regarding the decals, these planes are so large and i do not yet have something practical to support them upside down.  gotta convince the wife . . . i also have problems getting to lower parts of the fuselage, especially under the wings. i could put them on when the plane is turned over but my brain gets all befuddled.😀

i do love building these planes, i'm so glad for the one benefit of the pandemic.

thanks again,

Stuart

There are some great jigs that can hold the plane upside down but to start, I used some styrofoam/foam rubber packing and support off both wings and the tail. Of course all things like antennae's and the like need to be left off the top. 

I have also used paint bottles in a pinch for smaller planes

Dave

Steal your kids’ Legos. You can make custom assembly jigs with them.

Edited by SkyKing

Simple support that I have used is an old shoe box of similar type of box with lid removed. Model can be placed either right way up or upside down on it  during the build process.