Monogram F-106

nmertes

The P-51's are put away for awhile.  I pulled out the Monogram & Trumpeter F-106 kits to finish in 48FIS markings.  I have Detail & Scale markings that Bert sent me when I was with the 48th 1983-1985.  The Monogram seat has good detail but, it's all molded in.  The Trumpeter seat consists of 6 parts with no harness or other detail on the seat and there are 2 complete seats in the kit.  PE harness is included but has to be painted the correct colors.  Eduard to the rescue.  Set 49714 was designed for the Trumpeter kit.  Most of it should work with some careful modifications.  I'm reasonably satisfied with how the seat turned out other than I got too much glue in several places.  I tried using CA but, couldn't get parts settled where I wanted them before it setup.  Ultra Glue from Ammo by Mig seems to work just fine.  It gives the extended working time I like to get pieces settled where/how I want them.  The seat now consists of 21 pieces.  The 2 small hook pieces on side of the head rest are flattened solder.  The PE parts were gobbled up by the floor monster.

F-106 Seat Front.jpg

F-106 Seat Left Side.jpg

F-106 Seat Right Side.jpg

Nick,

Rather than CA, try Gator's Grip acrylic glue.  The stuff is similar...but not the same...as Elmer's, gives you plenty of time to position photoetch parts and dries perfectly clear.  Check out his website at http://www.gatorsmask.com/gatorglueorder1.html

The Thin Blend is what you want, but the original formula will work as well.  Have both formulas and love'em.