Mark Fiedler IPMS #14333

aAzZ09

Hello. I have been an IPMS member since 1981 . My interests are aircraft, civil and military, from 1930 to 1955, from the Golden Age to the Jet Age. I have a interest in Muscle cars although I have not built very many of them. I have been a modeler since 1955 with my first Aurora kit, a small 1/144" scale B-17. My future projects include a 1/32" Curtiss P-6E Hawk Biplane and a Grumman F8F Bearcat. I hope to spend more time on the Forum. Thanks!

Howdy Mark! Glad to have you here on the forum. I too cut my teeth on Aurora kits. My first was the 1/48 cherry red Me-109. You mention you're about to tackle a 1/32 P-6E...is it the old Combat vacuform? Let me know how that goes as it's one of only 2 models I ever quit on and threw out (and I build a lot of vac/resin dogs). Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16:

Welcome Mark. We hope you enjoy the forum. Lots of very knowledgeable people around here to answer any question you might have. Also, we all like to OOH and AHH over photos of your models. Lets see what you build.

Howdy Mark! Glad to have you here on the forum. I too cut my teeth on Aurora kits. My first was the 1/48 cherry red Me-109. You mention you're about to tackle a 1/32 P-6E...is it the old Combat vacuform? Let me know how that goes as it's one of only 2 models I ever quit on and threw out (and I build a lot of vac/resin dogs). Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16:

Hello Gil: Yes, The 1/32" P-6E in question is the old Combat Models vacuform. I guess it's an attempt to make a mountain out of a molehill, but I haven't done any biplanes from the Golden Age in quite awhile. I am suffering from the paralysis of analysis at the moment. I don't know whether to try to refine this blob or convert pieces of an old Hasegawa 1/32" BF2C (yes, I know the dimensions are off and it is a trip through insanity to attempt it) to a P-6E, or build it from scratch. (?) I 'm trying to decide that now. I just finished an Accurate Miniatures P-51B box stock, so I guess I'm due a workout! (ha!) Plus, I need a new camera as the old one bit the dust. Oh well.Thanks,

Happy Modeling,

Mark, IPMS#14333

Welcome Mark,

We have forums that cover both your interests. Hope you enjoy and have fun!!!!!

Mark :smiley20:

Thanks Mark. I'm sifting through the possibilities of this old blob of a vacuform, a 1/32" scale Combat Models P-6E, or convert an old Hasegawa BF2C to a P-6E ( I probably need to have my head examined on that one! (ha), or scratchbuilt it. I'll be exchanging my garden tools for hobby tools soon as this Central Texas area should get some cooler weather during the next few weeks. Thanks,

mark, IPMS#14333

Welome to the forums Mark - glad to have you here!

Thanks Tim. I'll be happy to try to help other modelers too. Thanks,

Mark#14333

Welcome Mark. We hope you enjoy the forum. Lots of very knowledgeable people around here to answer any question you might have. Also, we all like to OOH and AHH over photos of your models. Lets see what you build.

Thanks Clare. I'll give it the ol' college try. My old camera went ot and I need to get a new one. My last project was an Accurate Miniatures P-51B, and I'll try to get some new photos of it soon. I'm trying to decide what route to go on my next project, a 1/32" Curtiss P-6E. Best,

Mark, IPMS#14333

Welcome Mark. Hope to see some of yur work soon.

Mandie

Thank you Mandie. I need a new camera so I can take some pictures as the old one bit the dust some time ago. I'm trying to decide currently what route to go on my Curtiss 1/32" P-6E, vacuform, conversion from an od Hasegawa BF2C, or scatchbuild it. Happy modeling,

Mark IPMS#14333

WOOF WOOF!!!!! JUST A DOG RE-SAYING HELLO!!!

Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply. Speaking of dogs, My oldest stepdaughter's yellow Laborador Retriever did not appreciate her and my son-in-law from watching TV so she (the Lab) after everyone went to sleep, promptly disposed the remote control in the trash can some time ago! They now have to put the remote in a safe place (ha). Hope to be able to contribute to the forum. My next project is a 1/32" Curtiss P-6E. Happy Modeling,

Mark, IPMS#14333

WOOF WOOF!!!!! JUST A DOG RE-SAYING HELLO!!!

Thanks Mark, I hope to be able to contribute soon. Best,

Mark, IPMS#14333