Favorite online store

OG70

You’ll get lots of good suggestions from this crowd.  My favorite is Sprue Brothers (spruebrothers.com).  I’ve never had them show an item in stock & then find out they didn’t have it.  That has happened several times with squadron.com.  There are a number of good overseas online stores but, you have to be prepared for very lengthy shipping times.  I’ve had orders take as long as 6 weeks to get here from Eastern Europe.  

While I agree that Sprue Brothers is good, my new favorite is Kitlinx near Salt Lake City.  They also will let you know if something is in stock or not.  They also list many odd kits and accessories that they source from outside the US when you place an order--again, they let you know the status.  I need to point out that COVID-19 has had delays on these outside the US offerings.

Thank goodness that Squadron finally got a new CEO, as they (IMHO) have been horribly mismanaged over the last few years.  I hope they can turn it around as they used to be a good online source.

Remember that anything you order online--even from eBay--will have shipping charges added to your cost.  Be sure to find out what that will cost you before you place the order.

• 2 weeks later...

Lately my preferred online hobby shop has been EBay - sad to say. I can usually find what I'm looking for at a good price. Pay attention to shipping times and cost and you can usually find a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 4:26 PM, BryanKrueger said:

Lately my preferred online hobby shop has been EBay - sad to say. I can usually find what I'm looking for at a good price. Pay attention to shipping times and cost and you can usually find a good deal.

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with eBay, other than you are usually not dealing with a shop where you can be reasonably assured that you will receive a complete, sealed kit.  OTOH, you can frequently find kits on eBay that are unavailable anywhere else, at good prices.  I have noticed that some sellers are charging very high (unreasonable) shipping costs, so be sure to check that before buying.  I buy LOTS of stuff on eBay.

Before COVID-19 Lock-downs forced more folks to spend more time on-line, my preferred source of old, OOP  kits was via Thrift websites as bid prices were still reasonable.

Somebody must have revealed the secret because bids on almost everything have gone up as though the buyer's lives depended upon obtaining the items; the biggest price jumps due to last second snipers.

Sometimes bidders still miss a kit or two in their searches and final bids on a kit can still be reasonable. 😉☺️

Edited by cheveuxroux