Getting back into the hobby!

Niko

Hello everyone,

I started modeling about a year ago and joined the IPMS Rum Runners around February. I got my feet wet in the hobby and even submitted my first diorama into a local show. I then challenged myself with a crazy build. I did a 1/72nd scale KV-2 diorama with a full interior. It was my first time doing background research for a model and I got a 3D resin printer to print out interior details. Long story short, the diorama was coming out great. I had amazing vegetation dried from outside, and the tank was the best work I ever made. I then added epoxy resin as water, over-mixed it and ruined the whole diorama. That failure really burned me out and I had a hiatus for about 6 months. During that time I graduated high school, renovated a new place from the ground up all summer, moved, and started college.

Now I finally got a dedicated table to modeling in the garage and I've been spending about an hour every night on my next model. I'm really excited to get back into the hobby with a passion to push the boundaries and make the best I can!

I attached a few photos of my first diorama and a photo of the KV-2 diorama right before disaster.

Trench.jpg

Side.jpg

Top.jpg

Kv-2.jpg

Wow, welcome to the Forums; what an amazing 'calling card' you posted in that first diorama! Beautiful work! The KV diorama was looking good too, too bad that can't be recovered. I also build 1/72 scale armor; I do my armor exclusively in that scale so I can appreciate your work on that KV immensely.

Welcome once again! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

• Like 1

Welcome! I can commiserate when a project goes sideways....but just remember it's still only a model! You can start again from scratch if you think something can't be salvaged, or take a little time off like you did and have at it again. Those dioramas look pretty good to me! Glad to have you here plugging away with us!

Gil :smiley16:

• Like 1