50Yr man near Sacramento, CA has decided to venture into a new hobby of plastic models

OG70

Hello everyone, 50yr old man from the Sacramento, CA. Area.  I've decided to venture into a new hobby of plastic model building.  Military themed models peak my interest especially tanks and battleships.  I've only built a handful of models as a young kid but never continued due to finances and growing up. I look forward to learning and meeting new friends.

Andy

• Like 1

Andy,

Glad to have you. You don't mention if you've actually joined the society. If not, I'd encourage you to do so and find a local chapter to join as well. You can learn so much more in person (virtual or otherwise) than by just looking. 

Ron

Andy welcome  to the Forums! This is an awesome hobby where you get top see and hold the final results of all your efforts. Once you start, don't hesitate to post pics of your in-progress work so we can all enjoy it as well. This will also help you in that others can offer advice and suggestions as you go along. Joining a local club also helps you get the same in real time.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.

• 4 months later...

Andy, welcome. I grew up in Sacramento but haven't lived there for many years. If you haven't already found them, I recommend you visit Viking Hobby near the corner of El Camino and Mission Avenues. They're a good source of kits and supplies.

• 6 months later...

Andy, welcome and remember age is but a number.  We are all kids at heart, and you have joined a great hobby and a wonderful community to boot!  Building is half the fun, learning new tricks and techniques is the best part! Do not hesitate to ask questions!!!  

Andy, like many things in life, this hobby is what you choose to make it.  It can be very casual or all consuming and everything in between.  Welcome and I would strongly urge you to find a local club to join.  Sharing the hobby with those  of a like mind is the best part.