Rick from Rhode Island Alfa 8C 1/12 Scale

RickSchad

Wow, sensational work! the weathering and wear you've applied look amazing! One thing that strikes me though, is the dirt would most likely be inside the tire treads while the surfaces would be clean from friction with the road. The engine work is stunning!  From this angle, it's tough to see if the wheels are all lined up proper but they look to all be touching the ground on this side. Your attention to dsetail is magnificent!

Welcome to these boards and I commend you on such an incredible 'calling card'! You will fit right in!

Welcome to the site! That's a stunning build...love the weathering! Looks like it just came off of the track!

As to whether or not to compete....that's more a matter of your motivation than your skills. If you want to go to shows, display your work, shop, have fun with friends, and not worry IF you get and award or not; then yes! However, IF you're thinking of competing in order to get feed back, or "pats on the back" by way of awards, then I'd recommend caution. As nice as it is to win something, building for contests and worrying about what "others" will think of your effort can suck most of the fun out of the hobby!

Your skills rock! Be sure to post these pics down in the automotive topic area!

Gil  :smiley16:

Thanks for the comments Gil! Much appreciated! I'm really just doing it for fun. I build cars planes and whatever I feel like, I just enjoy building! Here is the F-104 I just built using real aluminum hand cut panels. I just enjoy challenging myself. 

IMG_9789.jpg

IMG_9787.jpg

• Like 2