1/18 scale decals for Merit's Dauntless

SBDFan1

Are there any decals or other accessories for the 1/18 scale SBD?   Just received the kit and am not sure the decals will hold up.  They look ok but it is an old kit.

Thanks

If you can't find decals for this, you could get some Liquid Decal Film to coat the ones you have so they are strengthened. That's the only other possibility I can think of if they are not replaceable.

Good luck in getting what you need.

In lieu of being able to get the decal film liquid Mark referred to, you can overcoat (airbrush or spray can, preferably) the entire decal sheet with any enamel/lacquer clear gloss to act as a  carrier and binder. Just remember that you'll now have to trim EACH decal right up to its edge as the entire decal sheet is one big clear film.

I'm not aware of any 1/18 aftermarket decal sheets available as it's an odd scale for aircraft....the other alternative is to use the decal sheet to make stencils for the markings and paint them on the model. Best of luck, either way!

Gil :smiley16:

Yet another alternative is to make your own decals to whatever size you require.  Full details on how to do this can be found in my ebook "How To Make Your Own Decals" that you can purchase by going here.  You can also check out various decals available for radio control aircraft in shops that cater to the RC enthusiasts.  Remember, a decal is only a decal and it doesn't matter where it comes from as long as it works for you.  And yes, Gil is right about having to trim each marking as close as possible if you clear coat the entire sheet with enamel or lacquer clear.  Same comments apply if you make your own decals.