Ludwig's Modeler's Library

nmertes

I've used Ludwig's Modeler's Library several times over the past few years looking for kit instructions that have come up missing.  When I attempted to open it today I got a can't be reached www.cavallar.ch/model took too long to respond error.  Have any of you attempted to visit this site lately or know what's happened to it?

It's been a great site especially for comparing Monogram & Revell instructions of the same kit.  The PDF files are downloadable.

I've had responses from some folks on modeling facebook pages with the same result, Gil.  It looks like Ludwig took the library down.  Not sure what happened.  Somebody mentioned that scalemates.com has kit instructions.  I haven't figured out how to get to that page.

Edited by nmertes

Here's the link to Scalemates.....https://www.scalemates.com/

However, at a glance I didn't see anything that referred to kit instructions. But, there were a lot of other useful/interesting items you may want to check out.

And here's a link to a FB page dedicated to model kit instructions...https://www.facebook.com/groups/1799572063605135

However, it appears the FB page may simply be a forum to facilitate modelers helping each other out, as opposed to a repository of instructions to draw from. Anyway, best of luck!

Gil :smiley16:

I have my stash cataloged on Scalemates,   Someone on the Monogram Scale Models facebook page mentioned Scalemates.  I'll try the facebook group.

Instructions are posted for SOME kits on Scalemates.  Just not the Monogram F-106.  If you click on the box art picture & scroll down past the timeline, there is a link to a downloadable copy of the instructions.  I checked several other kits in my stash & they show instructions available.

It looks like archive.org saved www.cavallar.ch/model 11 times over the last 5 years.  All they have is the home page.  There is no link to the instructions.

Edited by nmertes