1/32 Scale Monogram Apollo CSM is finished.

dcaponeII

I finished up my Monogram 1/32 Apollo CSM. The kit is enhanced with Real Space Models CM Interior, CM Hatch and Apollo 15 SIM Bay. I posted earlier construction updates. The decals are from Space Model Systems. Comments welcome. Ft. Worth and Austin here I come!!

dsc04417z.jpg

dsc04407l.jpg

dsc04412k.jpg

Love it. Mine's been on the shelf forever, I'll get to it one of these days.

It was my 40th anniversary homage to my youth. It's still a beast to get organized and once I put all the details in the clear plastic covers are pretty much off the table. I futured them and they are ready to go but I think it looks better with them off so I'm leaving them off. They produce too much glare in the flash photos anyway.

Thank goodness you are entering this beauty in contests in Texas and not anywhere near the Great Lakes part of the country. :rolleyes: None of us mere mortals here would stand a chance. Don't retire this fantastic model before it hits Phoenix next year.

Ed

• 5 months later...

Today I was contacted by the manager of the gift shop at the Adler Planetarium in Chicago. She wants to sell realspace kits in the gift shop, and this is one of them. She will display the finished OOB kit in a glass case along with the box to show what a nice model it is. She built the 1/48 Lunar Lander kit herself and was proud of the result, even though it was her first model. She did not want to tackle a Level 3 kit, however.

I now have a brand new Buzz Aldrin 40th Anniversary Revell (ex-Monogram) kit for someone to build -- in three weeks! She wants it in the gift shop by March 15 in time for the 40th anniversary of Apollo 13's flight.

I'm asking my Will-Cook members tomorrow night if there is a volunteer for this build.

Ed