I Finally Finished One

Mark Deliduka

Yep! This is my latest model completed. This is the ancient blister-packed kit of Airfix's British Hawker Demon biplane. I finally got it rigged today so I'm calling this one done.

It is painted in Citadel Chainmail on the fuselage, and the doped wings were painted with Pollyscale Flat Aluminum. I rigged it with some very fine vinyl thread given me by one of my fellow IPMS Orange County members.

I didn't weather it and I also used the original kit decals. They went on amazingly well without any tearing, thanks to the coat of Micro-Scale Liquid Decal Film I applied to them the previous day. Still, I need to put this in a window so the sun will bleach them out a bit more.

Here are the pics.

British%20Hawker%20Demon%20II.JPG

British%20Hawker%20Demon%20III.JPG

British%20Hawker%20Demon%20IV.JPG

British%20Hawker%20Demon%20V.JPG

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it.

James, I just felt this plane needed it's aircrew. I agree it does add to the model.

Sounds good Paul, I'll keep an eye on it.

Dave, I enjoyed this one too. And I myself am still afraid of rigging!

Thanks again guys!

You've finally "excorsized" your Demons! Nice model! It amazes me how graceful and attractive 30's British biplanes are, compared to their ungainly multi-engined beasts! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

Yeah Gil, somehow the British always seemed to get multi-winged planes right, while really messing up the looks of their multi-engined planes. thanks for the great comment.

Thanks Von! I used flat black on it first, then afterward I applied a coat of Humbrol Ancient Brass (Humbrol 171 Metallic) over it. Then I gave it a wash of black, and when it was dry, I applied a light drybrush of silver. I like how it turned out.

Thanks again everyone for the great replies.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

Yeah Gil, somehow the British always seemed to get multi-winged planes right, while really messing up the looks of their multi-engined planes. thanks for the great comment.

Thanks Von! I used flat black on it first, then afterward I applied a coat of Humbrol Ancient Brass (Humbrol 171 Metallic) over it. Then I gave it a wash of black, and when it was dry, I applied a light drybrush of silver. I like how it turned out.

Thanks again everyone for the great replies.

Verrrryyyy Nice! Yep, loved those Bi-Planes! Built a "Red Baron Fokker" as a kid, then blew it up with firecrackers, dumb, dumb..... :smiley29:Well, you know how kids are.....

Love the exhaust detailing, nicely done Mark! :smiley20:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I appreciate your responses.

Yeah Kev, I always build my aircraft and armor in the scale of gentlemen! Check out the Armor Forum for my latest armor models finished.