I'm glad to see that there is plenty of interest in the 2021 Nats in Vegas.  You guys should be congratulated for managing to sneak in while we were conducting a live test of the website.  The full site will be online shortly and no need to worry about getting a room, we reserved 1600 room nights for the convention and the resort has over 2,000 rooms on site if we need more.

Please stand by for a post on the forum when we officially go live.

Thanks

Bob

Yup, they snuck in. No link to hotel anymore. Guess I gotta wait 'til the 15th with all the rest. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Boblvnv said:

I'm glad to see that there is plenty of interest in the 2021 Nats in Vegas.  You guys should be congratulated for managing to sneak in while we were conducting a live test of the website.  The full site will be online shortly and no need to worry about getting a room, we reserved 1600 room nights for the convention and the resort has over 2,000 rooms on site if we need more.

Please stand by for a post on the forum when we officially go live.

Thanks

Bob

So Bob, that begs the question, are the reservations that we made any good or do we need to go back and re-resister?   

Oops.....I was just following someone else's lead off of an email I got.....sorry 'bout dat chief!

1466400685_Missedit.jpg.cd3be888097e2cde2f81019c36f2eb1a.jpg

My understanding is that our reservations are still good (got the confirmation# from the Rio)...and we were just lucky!

Gil :smiley16:

All reservations that were already made during our online test are good to go and firm.  No worries!  

Also No worries about getting in during the test, I appreciate the initiative!  Although I would appreciate it if those did get in not share any more reservation information till Wednesday. (Thanks)

The full site will launch on Wednesday along with the reservations link. Its been our goal to launch a complete website with everything there and operational except for event registration, which will launch on Feb 1st.  Our team has spent a lot of time putting together what we think is fantastic Nats website.  We hope everyone finds it enjoyable, informative and fun.

Again, there are plenty of rooms, anyone who wants one will get one.  We have 500 rooms blocked plus another 400 on standby reserve.  All onsite and at the discounted rate.

Please look for an official announcement on Wednesday morning. 

Thank to everyone for their interest, patience and cooperation.

Bob

Bob,

Well done, well said. Looking forward to making a reservation on Wednesday.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Boblvnv said:

Room reservations can be made now! 

Visit www.natslv2021.com 

Bob, just curious.  How many rooms booked so far?  Is it more than you expected?

Pete, I'll be getting a full report from The Rio bi-weekly but my contact at The Rio emailed me this morning to tell me that they have already booked over 300 room-nights so far out the 1600 we blocked out.  She also said their online system was almost completely overwhelmed for a short time on Wednesday with a lot of reservations coming in at the same time.  Several reservations came in from outside the U.S.

Its a little more than we expected for the first few days, but we are obviously pleased with the excitement and interest so far.  I'll continue to monitor the progress to see if we need to increase the room block.  But, I would suggest to all those interested to book as soon as possible keeping in mind that we are NOT the only convention taking place that weekend at The Rio, and they too will need rooms. 

Thanks

Bob

I was just notified by The Rio that we have already sold-out of our 1600 room block as of 13:00 today.  I secured another 400 to hold us through the weekend but it highly recommended that anyone interested in booking a room and has not done so yet, book their room this weekend.  

I will be reaching out to our Hotel Rep on Monday to see if we can increase it further as well as trying to secure back-up rooms at the Gold Coast and Palms.

Thank You

6 hours ago, Boblvnv said:

I was just notified by The Rio that we have already sold-out of our 1600 room block as of 13:00 today.  I secured another 400 to hold us through the weekend but it highly recommended that anyone interested in booking a room and has not done so yet, book their room this weekend.  

I will be reaching out to our Hotel Rep on Monday to see if we can increase it further as well as trying to secure back-up rooms at the Gold Coast and Palms.

Thank You

Bob, glad to see the response was just about what I thought it might be.  A lot of people very disappointed that San Marcos was canceled, so my guess is there is going to be some pent-up demand for this one.  Also, the first time since Disney world in Florida that there was a reason for family members(spouse) to join the modeler.  It is going to be a great show.  I just hope you guys in Vegas don't get overwhelmed.  This is going to be huge! 

• Like 1

Could it also be that some members, especially from different parts of the country, who might share a room under ordinary circumstances, might be social distancing by rooming alone? This would increase the rooms per registrant count. 

Who would dare to predict what the recommendations and requirements related to the pandemic will be even 13 months from now? I know I sound like a Cassandra and no one will  be happier than I will be to be seen as having taken an unnecessary precaution, but unpredictability seems to be the only consistently predictable feature of Covid 19.

One thing I am confident of is that we all want this National - and all the future Nationals- to go off without a hitch. Let’s all try to do whatever we can to control this pandemic, however inconvenient, in hopes of us all getting together again in Las Vegas!  Nick Filippone

• Like 1

Has anyone tried to book more than one room?  I made one reservation, but do not see a provision to add another room.

15 hours ago, Nick Filippone said:

Could it also be that some members, especially from different parts of the country, who might share a room under ordinary circumstances, might be social distancing by rooming alone? This would increase the rooms per registrant count. 

Who would dare to predict what the recommendations and requirements related to the pandemic will be even 13 months from now? I know I sound like a Cassandra and no one will  be happier than I will be to be seen as having taken an unnecessary precaution, but unpredictability seems to be the only consistently predictable feature of Covid 19.

One thing I am confident of is that we all want this National - and all the future Nationals- to go off without a hitch. Let’s all try to do whatever we can to control this pandemic, however inconvenient, in hopes of us all getting together again in Las Vegas!  Nick Filippone

That's a possibility that I hadn't considered Nick, but 400 rooms sold out means an attendance of at least 400.  What was the attendance in Chattanooga last year?  I can't seem to find it.  That would give us a decent yardstick. 

Pete, You may be right. I know that last year the venue hotel also sold out very quickly. Maybe it is, as you say, a demonstration of pent-up demand. I know I am already impatient for it! Nick

Nick, even if that's the case, Vegas looks to be a big show!

Maybe the biggest West Coast show ever.

Way to go, Vegas!!

And those of us who haven't booked yet (myself included) need not worry; Vega has just about the most hotel rooms of any city... there will be plenty of rooms, even if we have to drive a mile or so.

• Like 1

"That's a possibility that I hadn't considered Nick, but 400 rooms sold out means an attendance of at least 400.  What was the attendance in Chattanooga last year?  I can't seem to find it.  That would give us a decent yardstick." 

PeteJ:
I was the contest coordinator for Chattanooga so here's some numbers for you:

Convention registrations - 961

Contest entries - 3100

Display only models - 1680

Total models - approx 5000 (remember that we had quite a few collection and group entries, all of which only count as one entry, but contain multiple models)

Note that there were a lot of single day walk-ins during the convention and these are not counted in the registration numbers. 

One thing that should be considered when looking at the hotel reservations for any Nats is that a certain number of these will not be used. Quite a few modelers make the hotel reservations "just in case" and plan on deciding whether or not to attend in the months before the convention. With the ability to cancel with no charge before the start of the convention, this becomes an easy option. 

BTW, it was cool to see that you are from San Marcos, CA. I worked in San Marcos for 9 years before moving East to the Atlanta GA area. 

Have fun modeling

Mike

20 hours ago, Nick Filippone said:

There’s gonna be a lot of models to judge! Nick

As hard as my job my be as show chairman, its nothing compared to the guys and gals that are going to have to judge this show.  

Chattanooga is going to be a hard show to beat, as well as follow.  The team there did an amazing job!   

As of this morning, over 568 rooms have been booked, which is over 1,950 room nights.  A great many people are taking advantage of the low rate and are coming in early and staying late.  That is eating up a lot of the room-nights, which is what we promoted. 

Thanks for everyone's support.  🙂

I think one thing that's probably affecting the room reservations is the idea of WIVES and families going to the Vegas show, which in turn means a person such as myself will not be splitting a room with another attendee. Thus, two people who normally buddy up and use one room need two rooms, and so on, depending on the number of buddies being "split" for Vegas!

Gil :smiley16:

• Like 1

Room Update  -  As many of you know we sold out of our 1,600 room-nights a few days after opening our 21' Nats Website.  As promised we added another 600 room-nights for a total of 2,200, but before the contracts were even signed they too were sold-out.  After conferring with the IPMS Nats Committee we were given permission to add a final 200 room-nights for a total of 2,400 which will be final room block at the discounted amount.  As of Friday there are only a few left of those.  It is unlikely that the Rio will honor the $89 discounted room rate after that, but our fingers are crossed.

We'll reach out to the Gold Coast and The Palms as soon as they open and see about arranging a discount there. 

Thanks for everyone's support! 

Bob

Sold out three times in 10 days.  That is impressive.  My guess is you have a very big show on your hands at the very least!  I don't know what you planned for, but it could be way under what is going to happen.  Can't wait to see how registrations go, February 1!  This is going to be fun!