Seaview & Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea

Korsair62

After having looked at Simon's websites, and the shots of the Seaview, along with the Mobious Seaview kit, I just bought the first season of the show(vol1 & 2) tonite at Target.

That and the pics of Wonderfest I spent several hours this morning catching up on.

I even had the kit in my hands at my model meeting tonite, but just could bring myself to spend that much at this moment. But I suppose I will soon enough.

I guess I have all the other "BIG" Sci-Fi kits, why not............arrrrgh!

I look forward, to someone commissioning me to build a really "tricked out" version! :smiley17:

• 1 year later...

I like it!!!!! :smiley4:

I love the Moebius stuff- the Jupiter 2 is looking great plus the fl;ying sub, mummy, lots and Frank is promising a banner 2010

I am working on his Conan kits now for the reviewer corps- very nice!

Dave

When I opened my Seaview box, I could only say, "O man, that's big!" The parts count isn't all that high, but the things you can do with them are amazing. Did you put a ceiling over the control room along with the support arch girders? The spiral stairway leads to an upper landing that then has a door through the frame to the deck level above the control room. Your lighting effects on the hull and the general illumination of the interior are very nice. I very much like the suspended FS-1 flying sub below the docking bay.

The problem with watching the DVD's of the various seasons is that you see how much the full-size control room sets changed from year to year. To build an accurate interior, one literally has to choose which season to model.

Nice work.

A diorama for a future build would be to have the Seaview listing about 30 degrees to the side and down at the stern as she is tied up to the dock at the Nelson Institute for Marine Research in Santa Barbara, CA. Still attached to the hull with its tentacles wrapped around it is a giant squid, quite dead. On the pier, Chief Sharkey is standing next to the FS-1 talking to a reporter, saying, "The Admiral never brings her back from a dull voyage."

Ed

It really isn't that complicated of a model, just a lot of big parts... I added the Just an Illusion (JaL)light kit to my model this came with everything to light the Seaview. I added the stuff for the Flying Sub, but nothing too difficult, 2 3mm bright white LED's. The JaL kit contained a photoetech ceiling and many clear cast resin parts to light up the instrumentation and the FS bay. It also contained all the LED's and fiber optics so you can light up the cadillac fins...

Yes, control rooms did change from season to season, but for how much you see and how much space you have, you can only do so much...