Lots of kits for sale, mainly 72nd

philp

All,

You may have seen the post I have up on FB.

I am helping an older Air Force vet who was supposed to pass a couple years ago but is still kicking.

He wants to sell most of his collection before he passes so his wife isn't stuck with them.

I still don't have a list put together, going to try and work on that this week if I get time.  Do have a bunch of pics though stuff has been selling well.  Mostly 72nd aircraft with a bunch of 72nd armor and a few old Monogram 48th scale kits and 3 32nd scale 109s.  Only car left is a Revell 1/40th scale Beetle from the early 60s.  Also an old Revell X-15, Aurora C-119, bunch of FROG, Airfix/MPC, Hasagawa and more.  I will attach a few pics and if you see anything that interest you just let me know.

My biggest problem right now is tracking down boxes to ship.

IMG_E3049.JPG

IMG_E3031.JPG

IMG_E3020.JPG

IMG_E3022.JPG

A couple of armorl shots.IMG_3059.thumb.JPG.accea9b2b89be4f95bc3a87784382b0a.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3016.JPG

Oh my. You have some real collectible types in there. Are you  checking for any "gems" or do you just want to move merchandise as they say?

Hi Ron,

Selling some of the stuff is going for better prices and a lot of it will go for deals.  Goal is to raise money for when he is gone.

Usually I have done this for the families after the fact.  This has been fun to get the stories that go along with the kits.

Couple more pics.  32nd/35th scale armor, 32nd aircraft and an overall shot that shows the Japanese and German stuff.

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_E3019.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

It looks as though there is an ESCI 1/35 scale nebelwerfer for sale (3rd pic from the last). If so, what price are you asking?

Thank you,

chuck

Phil, I might be interested in some of that 1/72 scale armor; mostly the trucks and jeeps along with a few others. I'll have to make a list and hope that my incoming paycheck will be enough to cover them. Have you got my cell? E-mail? If so, contact me.

10 hours ago, Charles Willis said:

It looks as though there is an ESCI 1/35 scale nebelwerfer for sale (3rd pic from the last). If so, what price are you asking?

Thank you,

chuck

Sharp eye Chuck.  Unfortunately someone else already spotted it and requested it.  It is the only larger scale item asked for so far.

6 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Phil, I might be interested in some of that 1/72 scale armor; mostly the trucks and jeeps along with a few others. I'll have to make a list and hope that my incoming paycheck will be enough to cover them. Have you got my cell? E-mail? If so, contact me.

Sounds good Mark.

The M3 Scout car is already gone but the rest is still available.

Think I have your email, do have your cell unless you have changed it recently.

Holding out that Orangecon still happens but from what my son tells me (he is in Fullerton) it doesn't look good in the County.

Hey Phil! Yes, I still have my cell number. I don't want to change it since it is also my business line. So far, Orangecon is still on, but everything is being closely monitored. I'll keep you posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, we found 11 more boxes of kits.  Lots of pics in multiple posts on the FB page.

Anyone like the old bagged kits?

BA0C9113-529E-4A3A-B293-EB83680F06F1.jpeg

A8C87B4C-5798-4DB7-AA65-351B7C22B1D5.jpeg

C1B49942-91C6-4237-A017-4955262DF3A8.jpeg

693D7165-AB4F-45E8-A69F-DC02C698C6BE.jpeg

633CA95D-686B-4548-BF3E-D328B41CCE64.jpeg

Armor, aircraft, doubles and triples?  Think I get 35 kits.  How about $150 + postage?

Wow, I was interested in a few but if you're able to buy all at once Ron, go for it! Most all of those had been built way back in the day and I have find memories of most of them. Go for it Ron! I look forward to seeing what you do with all these.

• 2 months later...

WOW ! I built a lot of those old AIRFIX and FROG kits as a child.

You even have a Ford Falcon old enough to have carted all those kits home from the hobby shop when the kits were freshly issued!

Hope you found a good home for 'em as my stash will keep me busy for the rest of my life.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to all who helped out.  I managed to raise a little over $4K for him and only sold about 100 kits.

Will be starting a new thread with some of my kits I would like to get rid of.