Revell/Germany 1/32nd scale P-51D-5NA

Bradley25mm

If your looking for a reasonably priced kit, with awesome detail, this is the kit to buy. All the parts fit together great. Little, if any, flashing to remove. A very nice decal sheet is included with two different build options. I did order an additional set of decals from Eagle Editions. The construction is pretty straight forward. I didn't have any problems. One thing that caught my eye when I opened the box, were the smooth wings. No need to putty those nasty rivets. I used Eduard photo etch for the cockpit, and undercarriage. I used a mix of Testors Model Master enamels, and Tamiya acrylics. The color of the plane is Tamiya Bare Metal Silver. The blue is Testors lacquer Chrysler engine blue. I used Pastel Chalk for dirt streaks, and engine exhaust.

The pilot figure is from Eagle Editions. The mechanic figure is from Black Dog models. The crates and other gear, are from Value Gear. The Marston Matting if from Tom's Model Works. I'm going to add a little more dirt and grim to the plane.

Chris

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

• Like 1

Masterful Mustang diorama! I may be a bit biased as Preddy is my favorite ace and scheme....but love the way your s looks! I'm not sure I'd add any more weathering....I think you've captured the look of a used, but well maintained bird. Congrats on a fine build and thanks for sharing!

Gil :smiley16: