Trying to find USS Reliant info

Eric

Managed to pickup Polar Lights 1/1000 USS Reliant kit at an auction really cheap. Since I got so cheap I bought the Polar Lights Aztec decal set for the kit.  Had hope the decal set would give a better paint guide, no such luck.  Kit instructions say to paint the kit white but I'm not sure that's the right color, I'm thinking something more on the lines of off white.  Also, looking at some photos of the ship online the recommended colors don't quite match up.  Anyone know of a good site for the color scheme for the ship or how they painted the kit?

Thanks,

Eric

Google “Starship Reliant” and you’ll find many sources of info. I have some bookmarked and will be glad to share them, but I’m not at my computer at the moment. Send me an email (to McMurtreyjames@twc.com) and I’ll get back to you tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently using an approximate 50/50 mix of Mr Color 311 (Gray FS36622) and 316 (White FS17875 [gloss - because its all I have]) on both the Reliant and Enterprise. I don't know how "accurate" it is but to my eyes it looks better than pure white, especially since I won't be using the aztec decals.

Mission Models makes a 'Starship White' acrylic, a brighter white with just a hint of pearl in it.  That should match up to the movie version, I think.

MH