Stoppel Decals

Nick Filippone

So this is a question and, for older members, a walk down memory lane.

I recently needed some Czech markings and some codes. The only ones that fit the bill were from old Stoppel sheets. I have always loved these decals. The colours are brilliant and very opaque and dense. But the best part is - there is no visible decal film! Each image is just the image, whether insignia or letter or number. 

The company that printed them was Permeta in Denmark. Now, I know they are a bit thick, but I will trade that any day for dense colour and no #$&%§ film with which to cope. ( This was particularly useful on this natural metal finish. ) But why, does anyone know, did they stop making them? Also, why has no other decal printer copied the process, whatever it was, to make such unique and, I think, really good decals? Is the secret lost like how they made stained glass windows in the Middle Ages?

I should add that I bought these sheets 50 or more years ago! They worked fine! 

Anybody remember these? Thanks.

Nick

Edited by Nick Filippone

I remember these very well. They were beautifully printed, but rather thick. I think they may have been silkscreened.

Stoppel is still in business: http://www.stoppel-decals.dk/

Mike, Do I feel stupid! I googled Stoppel before I posted, but the website did not come up. I used the link you provided and voila: another place to buy stuff! Thanks a lot!🤑🤗

I have never seen any of their products from other dealers.

I wonder if the decals are made in the same way? I am going to order some. 

Regards, Nick