Thinning Mig Satin Lucky Varnish ?

Manfred

I have purchased Mig's Lucky Varnish in satin as a final finish for a aircraft model which I have completed. They advise that no thinning for airbrushing is needed and that it is water based. I have had the bottle for about 6 months and it looks like there is rust forming at the base of the bottle, do they use steel balls as a agitator ? If so how will this effect the final finish. I have tried to spray the varnish on a  donor spare wing and am not happy with the finish. Can anyone recommend a good Satin finish for my top coat. Thank you in advance.

To be honest, I don't use satin as a finish; or at least I have not in the past. However, in following other discussions in the past; I think Humbrol has been mentioned as having the best clear finishes. I'm sure others here who are more knowledgeable will be able to answer more definitively.

Thank you Mark for your input, I have completed a between war's trainer and think the satin would look the best. I have used Humbrol in the past and do like their paint. Living here in North Carolina I find good Hobby Shops are very scarce so it"s mail order most of the time.