Decanting from a spray can.

afterburner

All,

I am getting ready to spray the topside of a Tamiya F4D-1. The instructions call for AS-16, which comes in a spray can. I'd prefer to shoot it from my airbrush if possible. I assume I would use the straw method to get it into a jar. My questions are- does it need to be thinned further or is it ready to roll as-is? Also, do I need to adjust my air pressure? I usually shoot Gunze Mr. Color around 18-20 psi, as I tend to thin it heavily and shoot multiple coats. I have spiderwebbed pretty bad in the past and learned my lesson.

I have acrylic already mixed up- I have heard that it will lay down over lacquer very well. I ask because I shot Mr. Color White lacquer on the underside of the aircraft. Would that be ok?

Thanks for all help!

I answered my own question- evidently I had purchased a bottle of Gunze H315. I'll be using that.

Decanted paint from a spray can doesn't need any more thinning. Just wait till the bubbles disappear and spray away.

I answered my own question- evidently I had purchased a bottle of Gunze H315. I'll be using that.

Decanted paint from a spray can doesn't need any more thinning. Just wait till the bubbles disappear and spray away.

If you want to learn more about decanting, there is a good video demonstration on YouTube by a user named hyperscale.

Thanks for the input. I found a bottle of H315 so I went that route.