Beau Geste Gary Cooper

Roktman

After recuperating from my surgery, I finally got to my hobby desk and the last figure I was working on was the Cary Cooper Beau Geste bust.  the kit was produced by Norbert Ossner and sculpted by Alejandro Lopez Ramirez

The kit is in 3 resin pieces - the bust, base, and frame for the movie poster. The movie poster printout is also added. 

IMG_0591.jpg

Following the movie poster printout and a colorized photo, I added the base colors:

IMG_0640.jpg

During today's session, I put the finishing touches on Gary Cooper. For the base I put down some glue and then dusted it with Chinchilla Dust. This is stuff you can buy at a good pet store. Evidently Chinchillas don't use water so they take dust baths. This dust is incredible fine, and works well in many scales. I bought the 3lb jug, and it'll last more than a lifetime.
When it's all dry I painted it with V's Dark Sand. To give a highlight I added a little Ivory to the Sand color.  Then I thought it needed a little something, and made a few bullet holes with a drill bit. Filled in the divot with Vs Orange Brown, but that didn't stand out enough, so I added some black pastels to the holes. Don't know if that would ever happen, but... what the heck.

From there I made the wooden frame for the movie poster looked bleached out and again added more glue and dust to make it look like sand blew onto the bottom of the frame. Then looking at the poster it seemed too new, so I mist coated it with matte clear coat to protect the ink, and then aged it with Citadel's Sepia. From there I added a few dust streaks with a pastel that matched the Dark Sand.
I glued the poster to the frame, the frame to the wall and I was done.
Thanks for looking.

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

Edited by Roktman
  • Like 1

Nicely done figure and I like the base very original and perfect

• 2 weeks later...