Sopwith Camel...

JonJKunatz

I had been given a Hobby Craft 1/32 Sopwith Camel F.1.

Thing is it came without a cockpit and instructions.

So...Im thinking of making a vignette sort of, by covering the Cockpit and maybe the guns with tarpaulins...I need to figure out how the guns are installed.

Kit is a bit of a bear to put together, but what I want to know is would it be considered "cheating" by covering up the cockpit like that.

Just fishing for advise.

Thank you.

Guest Bun E. Carlos

John.............put it in the Lakes Auction!!!!!!

The 1/48 EDUARD "Weekend Edition" is a GREAT kit for $15..........Your kit is oKay, but not worth all the effort. But, if you must, you can scratch the Interior by going to the WWI websites. It's not hard :)

Ive already sealed up the cockpit...

Ill have to make the most of it. My original Idea still seems like it would turn out ok. Id just need to concentrate on camouflaging the flaws and highlighting the strengths.

The size of the airplane alone in this scale is somewhat impressive...still a small airplane though.

Ill figure something out...now all I need is a world war one pilot to stand next to it.

Thanks.

It would most certainly NOT be considered cheating. However, do not deceive yourself about how the Judges in a contest would be likely to view it. They would likely guess that either the cockpit was excuted poorly or, as in this case, not at all. Now, if you are successful in lining up all the structures of the exterior-wings, horizontal and vertical stabilizers, landing gear, etc.- you will probably be in the running for an award because so few multi-plane modelers at any level, Nationals included, seem able to do this. But, if enough of your competitors accomplish the basics competently, then the Judges will go looking into details like the cockpit. At the point you will be at a considerable disadvantage. Nick Filippone IPMS # 969 Senior National Judge