Your work bench/space?

MikeH

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The horror of it all!!! An organized workbench full of those airplane thingys!!!!!! My eyes!!!! I'm blinded!!!!

Very Nice Lee

Dude, you are a trip!

I agree though, awesome workbench Lee. I gotta get pics of mine and get them posted.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! I'm a bit OCD and just keep my area as clean as possible...I'll post up a few new pics as I got some nifty wooden paint racks that stack up nicely right next to my 'bench. The white caddy is actually an old toothbrush/soapdish that I score for a quarter at a garage sale. It's great for keeping my scissors, two X-Acto knives and a small set of tweezers in. The dish part just holds bits and pieces for current projects.

later,

Lee

You can also look at make-up stuff...there are some nifty little caddies that can hold specific stuff that take up very little room.

Okay, updated at of Sunday. The paint racks are actually some herbal extract displays that I got recently when the local natural food store went out of business.

Later,

Lee

IMG_7180Medium.jpg

IMG_7182Medium.jpg

IMG_7181Medium.jpg

Thought I had posted these before but don't see them so here goes:

Workbench is currently the kitchen table with the back deck as the spray booth (rattle cans only at this time). These were taken a year ago. Since then I have moved to the other side of the table by the wall with a few of my to do kits close by.

P1315900.JPG

Here is my old bench which was taken back when my oldest moved back it.

P1315901.JPG

P1315903.JPG

Some but not all of the book collection.

P3145940.JPG

A blurry shot of the overall stash.

P3145939.JPG

There has been some changes as I have sold a few and bought a few and now there is another set of shelves in front and blocking easy access as my wife now works from home in front of the kits.

And some close ups of the kits.

72nd WWII aircraft

P3145941.JPG

72nd armor and boats

P3145942.JPG

72nd large craft and Sci Fi. The Heath box has a couple of Runabouts in it and the Heller box is an Nordatlas.

P3145943.JPG

More 72nd WWII, my couple 48th scale kits and a few 35th vehicles.

P3145944.JPG

72nd modern

P3145945.JPG

and the rest of the 72nd modern, more Sci-Fi and a few autos.

P3145946.JPG

Edited by philp

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking hobby rooms guys! Here's my little piece of heaven.

100_2421.jpg

Of course this photo was taken with the desk in business mode. When it's time to build, I have a small work station that I made that I build on.

workstation1.jpg

My previous hobby room as well as the house was taken from us by hurricanes Rita and Ike as well as a couple of con artist that got our disaster relief money.

Looks sharp, Kenny! :smiley20: A buddy of mine is in the IT business and is setting me up with a laptop for my workbench once we get settled back statesided this July...I am soooo looking forward to this. Makes working on stuff quite a bit easier for sure.

Later,

Lee

BTW where exactly do you have teh stash hidden? :smiley17:

Hey Lee. A laptop is a must have for me. I bring it to model contest along with a small vinyl cutter and I can cut custom paint masks on site. The stash is outside in a storage building.

Looks sharp, Kenny! :smiley20: A buddy of mine is in the IT business and is setting me up with a laptop for my workbench once we get settled back statesided this July...I am soooo looking forward to this. Makes working on stuff quite a bit easier for sure.

Later,

Lee

BTW where exactly do you have teh stash hidden? :smiley17:

Hey Lee. A laptop is a must have for me. I bring it to model contest along with a small vinyl cutter and I can cut custom paint masks on site. The stash is outside in a storage building.

I just finished using Kenny's paint masks on my P-40 posted over in the Aircraft forum. They worked well.

I like Ken's 1:1 referance material hangin on his wall ;-)

JIm

I'm diggin' Phil's 1/72 heaven. So what is in the candy box, dare we ask?

A fellow traveler, indeed. Viva 1/72 scale - !!!

You just gotta read the captions "The Heath box has a couple of Star Trek Deep Space Nine Runabouts in it."

I just spent 4 hours cleaning the work bench last night. First time in probably two years. It was disgusting, even to me. I'll try to post a photo so you can see what it looks like clean.

I'm digging Phil's 1/72 scale heaven as well. I love seeing another Braille Scale armor modeler. Hey Phil, when are you gonna get to that Vulcan? Mine is already hanging on the ceiling.

Mark,

Not sure. Want to do one of the Black Buck aircraft from the Falklands but haven't decided which one. Also, may decide to save up for some of the parts from Two Mikes. Then there is the "where will I put it" question. That may have to wait till my oldest moves back out or one of his younger siblings beats him to it.

Nice digs, David! Cool touch with the small TV.

Later,

Lee

Here's the dungeon...

100_3061.jpg

The TV is over in the corner now, and I have a touch-screen PC in its place. This has all my PDF books and photos online, so I don't have to go upstairs to the computer to access data. Next step will be to network it to the upstairs machine...

100_3060.jpg

100_3050.jpg

I've easily tripled my Gunze stock and even bought a Gunze rack!! That sits where the stereo is in these pics.

100_3055.jpg

Vallejos

100_3056.jpg

MM and everything else.

100_3059.jpg

The spray booth...kinda. There's a large exhaust fan overhead, piped outside. All I need to do is plug in the fan, open the window on the other side of the basement, and no fumes or paint clouds!

100_2505.jpg

Photo booth. The lighting has changed, there's diffusers in place now, etc.

100_3047.jpg

The stash, or what's left of it...

100_3045.jpg

The library...the beer bottles are leftovers from the last Death Build....

100_3046.jpg

More books...I really need to organize these better....eventually.