Your work bench/space?

MikeH

What astounds me is how clean your floor is! I could eat off that thing (and have eaten off of worse)!

SB :smiley16:

It actually is a fleeting appearance. I had recently finished (with the wife's help AND prodding) cleaning all of the paint spills from the floor. Lacquer thinner and Krud Cutter actually can make a difference. :smiley17:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a view of mine. Yes, the desk is that cluttered (though it doesn't take the two projects going now to get it look like this). I clean it up after every project, but hardly ever during one. I also have a couple of bookcases that I'm hoping to remove in the future and install adjustable shelving along the whole wall, top to bottom. Other side of room has a recliner and my wife's corner desk, it's kinda cool when she's hanging around :wub: . I'm thinking either an OD/Neutral grey scheme for the wall, or Compass Ghost Grey, or perhaps my favorite, Volunteer Orange!

IMG_1384.jpg

Edited by Glynyrd

Here is mine recently set up in our new house. The bench itself is in the house while the stash and paint booth reside in the third garage with the Two Mikes lab.

twomikeslab001.jpg

twomikeslab003.jpg

twomikeslab005.jpg

The workbench has since been totally set up and has actually been subject to some use! It is an Ikea corner desk with a 6 foot table off to one side. I also have two under the desk file cabinets for tools etc. The grey cabinets under the TV hold my 500 freaking bottle of paint!! LOL

• 1 month later...

There are only two times a year that a complete cleaning of the Jeff's Heavy Industries takes place. One is just before my local band of pirates (Model Club) come over for the annual social call. Each month we meet informally at a members house for communimodeling and munchies. The second time is just after our local contest which provides for me a re-charging of sorts. It is a time that I hide my half built "Pile of Shame" and highlight my "Altar to Plastic"

But heck, I don't mind showing you guys where (next to being with SWMBO and daughter) I feel the happiest.

100_6178.jpg

100_6179.jpg

Some of the finished stuff. Many are in storage boxes as I just had to settle on 1/48th scale

100_6181.jpg

100_6182.jpg

A clean work area is a definite sign of a sick mind!

Probably said by somebody.

Some good looking working areas and all are instructive and inspirational. Our new house is just getting started and I have been mentally building my 'cave' for some time now. I had a pretty nice one in the last house and will strive for that standard.

BTW Gil, I have been using a grey, four wheel, surplus, US Govt typist chair for about 37 years now. It has survived a lot of different work shops. This should be it's last move.

Happy Modeling Guys

Mark

Another thing I noticed in common with all of the man caves here and being posted over on Hyperscale is that ALL of our ceilings are way too low! I mean it COULDN'T be that our stacks of kits are too high...... :smiley14:

GIL :smiley16:

Hey Jeff! No fair sticking a pic of your local hobby shop's shelves in there! :smiley20: This is supposed to be YOUR workspace! :smiley22:

Seriously though, nice stash! I also love the space, I'm getting some ideas here for revamping my own space.

• 2 months later...
David,

Your wife and my wife need to talk. I need one of those for mine!!

She got it off eBay. I live in a house full of females. Even the cats are females. The man cave is my one all-male area.

Dave that awesome! Fortunately I don't need one. My wife hates my room so much she'd rather stand outside and shout through the door to tell me something. I have to tell her to open the door as I can't hear her.

Dave that awesome! Fortunately I don't need one. My wife hates my room so much she'd rather stand outside and shout through the door to tell me something. I have to tell her to open the door as I can't hear her.

Mark,

My wife shouts at me too........but that is a different story!

My workspace is a workbench in the corner of the basement by the water heater. I frequently tell myself that I need more room, tools, lights, shelves, cabinets, etc. but I find a way to get models built. Someone on another site sent me this link that illustrates how someone with a passion for building will find a way to do it. http://www.merkki.com/images/plane%20carve...bed%20slats.jpg It was made by a POW in Stalag Luft 1 out of bed slats!

My workspace is a workbench in the corner of the basement by the water heater. I frequently tell myself that I need more room, tools, lights, shelves, cabinets, etc. but I find a way to get models built. Someone on another site sent me this link that illustrates how someone with a passion for building will find a way to do it. http://www.merkki.com/images/plane%20carve...bed%20slats.jpg It was made by a POW in Stalag Luft 1 out of bed slats!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine. This is between projects, as I always try to clear it and clean it before moving on to the next. Note, this was taken a while back, it's a lot messier at the moment!

bench1.jpg

Main work area. I work in the garage, but we've insulated and added an AC vent so it's reasonably comfortable year-round. Though the cold crept in a bit this year. The cabinet to the left is more parts an paint storage. There are two others like it full of kits. Note that this is WAAAAY cleaner than usual.

bench2.jpg

Pegboard, where I keep miscellaneous parts, PE, tools, etc. Rapidly running out of room, as you can see!

bench3.jpg

The area behind my bench. Tool storage. The techie stuff above is the dist frame for the house that I added when we put on our addition. Most of the rooms are wired for gigabit ethernet. :-)

bench5.jpgbench4.jpg

Kits, kits, and more kits. The expensive stuff is in the house on a shelf in my office, and the big stuff - 1/12 F1, etc. is in a hall closet.

Edited by Hanson

- There was one of these "workbench" threads last year, and I posted my "Man Cave" in it then. So I apologize if this looks familiar to some. I'm hoping it all looks new to most and hope you enjoy the pics.

- This is the first floor Soon-to-be-completed "Display Room (Ex-Den)":

100_7724.jpg

Here are the stairs leading up:

100_7727.jpg

......At the top of the stairs:

100_7728.jpg

And a scan around THEE Model room (Ex-Master bedroom):

100_7730.jpg

100_7731.jpg

100_7732.jpg

To be continued in Part 2..........

Part 2.....

This is the Captain's seat:

100_7734.jpg

Work in-progress:

100_7737.jpg

This is the Captain's view across the room:

100_7742.jpg

This is the Computer desk/Guest's building desk:

100_7733.jpg

This is the entry into "Warehouse Number 1" as viewed from the Captain's seat. It is the Ex-Master Bdrm closet/walk-thru to the bathroom:

100_7738.jpg

(For those inquiring minds that just gotta know......Warehouses Number 2 and 3 are in the garage and storage room). Hope you all find this entertaining and go easy on me with the "Obsessive" observations. I know it's too much. But I still need that 1/72 Hasegawa B-24 kit.........Model on, Brothers of the Sprue.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my disaster area, this has actually been cleaned up a bit, it was worse last month.

bench.jpg

Pickles frequently keeps my chair warm for me, and thankfully doesn't seem to have a taste for styrene.

IMG_5909MediumMedium.jpg

My workbench in the end of October...

and at the end of December.

Later,

Lee

IMG_6074Medium.jpg

Edited by adfogel

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The horror of it all!!! An organized workbench full of those airplane thingys!!!!!! My eyes!!!! I'm blinded!!!!

Very Nice Lee