Your work bench/space?

MikeH

After 5 years of living in our new house, we finally finished our basement. It was a long three months without building, but worth every minute of wait. Here's my new completed man-cave. ;D ;D ;D What's everyone else's space look like?

Close ups of the wall hanging's courtesy of George Trosley (CARtoon's and general auto mag artist he even personalized them to me).

DSC00629.jpg

The closet full of kits

DSC00663.jpg

Looking in the door to my fridge, geeetars, and shelves

DSC00664.jpg

In the door looking at the paint booth exhausted to the outside for year-round warm painting!

DSC00665.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Excellent Work!!! Nice Man Cave. You might want to repost this down in the OPEN DISCUSSION forum. There is a thread that was started about work benches.

Mark

Nice space! Thanks for posting some photos.

I'm still bouncing from room to room & don't have a totally dedicated modeling space just yet.

Well, you guys can have your man caves, but I have a ladies lair. Steve and I each have our own space. I have 2 unfinished kitchen cabinets and a 5 foot section of countertop for the workbench, and a padded bar stool for my seat. When I learn how to post pics I show ya.

Mandie

Donald,

That didn't work for us. Gone and came back with grand daughter. Meant moving it all out to the Garage again. Not fun.

THANK GOD! I'm not the only one who tests his airbrush on the side of the work bench.....

This is my little slice of "heaven" in the garage, though it more aptly feels like "hell" in July and August :smiley15:

100_1598.jpg

The A-7 and Halberstadt CL-II have been replaced now by the 1/32 T-28 and the Has. 1/48 P-38J Lightning. And it's not quite so neat looking most of the time.....Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

When we were house hunting and checking out this house, I couldn't believe my eyes when I wandered into the huge work shop area! Icing on the cake for what turned out to be our new home.

Eric

P5080027.jpg

P5080024.jpg

P5080025.jpg

Veeeery interesting.....with the exception of the folding chair in the first set of pics, and variations in the colors and styles of padding; we're all using the same castered 5-spoke leg swivel chair w/arm rests......Yep! Walmart had a sale! :smiley17:

Veeeery interesting.....with the exception of the folding chair in the first set of pics, and variations in the colors and styles of padding; we're all using the same castered 5-spoke leg swivel chair w/arm rests......Yep! Walmart had a sale! :smiley17:

Hey, I got mine for $25.00 at a Salvation Army Thrift Store! :smiley20:

Sorry Gil. Some of us are more utilitarian. :smiley17: Not sure if I could model from a comfortable chair (not that I can model well from the stool). Here is my basic stool and simple bench - two kitchen cabinets and a piece of countertop.

Stool.jpg

Hey, whatever works, and it's MUCh more comfortable than if you turn the stool upside down...... :smiley12: What astounds me is how clean your floor is! I could eat off that thing (and have eaten off of worse)!

SB :smiley16:

Yeah, I might come up and search that floor for some of my parts -- easier than in my place :smiley17: