Revell 1/48 F/A-18E Superhornet

GSWeb8

If you're talking about the decal that looks like a matrix of tiny dots.....I had the same problem! This is the best pic I've been able to find of the intake that sort of shows them...

boeing-ea-18-g-growler-05.thumb.jpg.e396bc37350fa205faedc8cfa01fe3b4.jpg

Almost any pics I've seen show them as quite faint, and should be more dark gray dots than black ....Hope this helps some!  Good luck!

Gil :smiley16:

Thanks! I'm no expert so I appreciate the kind words. Overall I'm impressed with the quality of the molding on this kit. The pieces fit well. The only issue I had was the parts on the intake are odd geometrically, but they fit together well. Any gaps are easily putty filled.

Hello again. I've yet to try a weathering technique, and would like to do that on this model. Rather than a pin wash which seems very tedious, can someone suggest something different? Something I can apply with a large brush? I used Testor's enamel as the base coat.

Greg, I have found that mixing a wash or filter with Windsor-Newton oils and Mona Lisa thinner works perfectly over my Testor's enamels. Mona Lisa thinner is the most inert thinner out there and so far has not affected any of my underlying paint coats.

Thanks Mark...just ordered a tube of black and 8oz of thinner. My plan is to create a very thin wash and apply it with a larger brush, then wipe with a cotton swab. Sound about right?