The Duke's Armor Finished in March

Mark Deliduka

Hello everyone!

After a couple weeks of busy work in the Hobby Room, I was finally able to get all these vehicle models finished. Here they are in no particular order...

First is the US Army receiving the Trumpeter 1/72 scale M-1117 Guardian armored car:

US_Army_M-1117_Guardian_I.jpg

US_Army_M-1117_Guardian_II.jpg

US_Army_M-1117_Guardian_III.jpg

Just for fun, here's a shot of the Guardian next to the vehicle it was built to replace:

V-100_and_M-1117_Comp_Pic.jpg

Next are all my latest Japanese Ground Self Defense Forces vehicles that my Japanese Army is taking delivery of.

First is the three Half Ton Trucks that came in one Fujimi box with instructions on how to make three different versions. Here are the three versions:

Half- Ton Truck Cargo (all back seats folded to hold cargo):

Japanese_Half-Ton_Truck-Cargo_I.jpg

Japanese_Half-Ton_Truck-Cargo_II.jpg

Japanese_Half-Ton_Truck-Cargo_III.jpg

Half-Ton Truck Liaison (rearmost seats folded, back seats down for VIPs):

Japanese_Half-Ton_Truck-Liaison_I.jpg

Japanese_Half-Ton_Truck-Liaison_II.jpg

Japanese_Half-Ton_Truck-Liaison_III.jpg

Half-Ton Truck Light Scout/Communications (All seats down for crew; radios mounted in back, covered to protect radios):

Japanese_Half-Ton_Truck-Light_Scout_I.jp

Japanese_Half-Ton_Truck-Light_Scout_II.j

Next are a couple Light Armored Vehicles that I've always wanted since I saw the 1/35th scale ones. Now I have two of them in 1/72 scale in one Fujimi box:

First is the battlefield liaison LAV:

Japanese_Light_Armored_Vehicle-Liaison_I

Next is the Forward Scout/Communications LAV:

Japanese_Light_Armored_Vehicle-Scout_I.j

Japanese_Light_Armored_Vehicle-Scout_II.

Japanese_Light_Armored_Vehicle-Scout_III

Another Fujimi model with two vehicles in the box. This is the Type 87 Self Propelled Anti-aircraft gun system. I was able to make an early type and a late type. they are mostly differentiated by the style of smoke dischargers on the turret.

Type 87 Early:

Japanese_Type_87_SPAAG_I.jpg

Japanese_Type_87_SPAAG_II.jpg

Japanese_Type_87_SPAAG_III.jpg

Type 87 Late:

Japanese_Type_87_SPAAG_Late_I.jpg

Japanese_Type_87_SPAAG_Late_II.jpg

Japanese_Type_87_SPAAG_Late_III.jpg

I know the guns look misaligned in some of those pics. I double and triple checked them, it's an optical illusion caused by the angle of some of the camera shots.

Finally, my last finished models so far. Also from Fujimi, and also two kits per box. These are the Type 99 155mm Self Propelled Guns. I made one an operational vehicle and the other a training vehicle for training new crews. Otherwise there was no other real differentiation between them aside from some details on the turret roof.

First the Type 99 Operational gun:

Japanese_Type_99_155mm_SP_Artillery_I.jp

Japanese_Type_99_155mm_SP_Artillery_II.j

Japanese_Type_99_155mm_SP_Artillery_III.

And finally the Type 99 155mm training gun, which is fully capable of combat:

Japanese_Type_99_155mm_SP_Artillery_Trai

And that completes the list of models I finished now. With all the self quarantining I'll be doing, I foresee another large number of finished models next month too. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are always welcome.