In Memoriam Mike Quan 1949-2020

aAzZ09

It is with deep sadness that long time IPMS and North Central Texas member, Mike Quan, has passed away on February 16th from colon cancer. Mike’s knowledge of aircraft, ships, cars, history were legend and his abilities as a former engineer and modeler were exemplary. Those of us who have known Mike for the last 40 years can testify. He will be sorely missed. Godspeed Mike.

Mark

Mike was undoubtedly blessed with zoom vision.  I say that because I always marveled at his 1/144th aircraft cockpits!  An exemplary modeler and gentleman, he always carried a quiet dignity and humor wherever he went.  He will be missed.

Oh, no! Terrible news. Mike was a great guy in addition to being a terrific and prolific modeler. He will be missed.

I had the greatest respect for Mike, and he was a friend. He approached scale modeling from an engineer's perspective - yet was always anxious to try new tools, technics and kits. He was a superb builder, and very knowledgeable. Mike gave me kudos on my latest build, just 2 weeks ago. IMPS-NCT is greatly saddened at his loss, and will feel the loss for a long time. Blue Skies Mike!

If anyone in the Dallas area wishes to attend Mike Quan’s funeral, it will be held Monday, February 24th, 10:00 am at Rest Haven Funeral Home, Rockwall, Texas.

• 1 month later...

Archived