tank tracks

oldstampman

Hi everyone:

I have a problem with the tracks that came with my Revell 1/35 scale Tiger ll Ausf. b tank # 03275.  I can't seem to get the tracks to work.  Has anyone

else had this problem, and does anyone know of a set of tracks that will work.  I have seen a bunch on ebay but have no idea if they will work.  I have built

ships all my life and am just getting started in armor.  I hope someone can help.

oldstampman

Keith

Keith,

Would like to help, but you're going to have to be a little more specific than "won't work" before anyone can. How don't they work?

Okay, are you talking about the many small individual track links that make up one side of the tank track, you know, like gluing 100 of them together to form one side?

Or are you talking about two long pieces of vinyl tracks which uses two per side for a total of 4 pieces of vinyl track?

I'm not familiar with that particular kit. Many current kits include the tiny multiple pieces that form the track. Here is a link to an old track tutorial.

https://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=1737

But there are several kits that use two long pieces of vinyl track to make up one side of the track. Italeri's Leopard 2 comes to  mind.

Edited by RGronovius
  • Like 1