Not 2020..Contest results

Having been involved in the creation of the GSB vs. 123 poll from beginning to end, I was impressed by the intellectual honesty and spirit of cooperation with which the E-Board and the National Contest Committee oversaw the process. I have absolute faith in their integrity and results of the tally. I might add that the result of that poll, while perhaps disappointing to some, were in fact predictable ( both in terms of the absolute number of votes cast and the distribution of those votes between the two choices)- at the present time there just is not enough interest in such a drastic change. Nick

Nick
I disagree with your interpretation of the “GSB / 123 “ survey  
  1. The survey was only a question regarding methodologies. There was nothing that implicated “drastic change”.
  2. The distribution of results was virtually 50/50. Apparently interest is equally strong on both sides of the  issue.
  3. The  number of survey responses (~500) was greater than the number of votes received by  most officers in the last E-board election. ( * )Should we now interpret what that means regarding interests ? I will not pretend to be an interpreter of the ~4000 members of IPMS or their voting interests.
  4. I disagree adamantly that the results were “predictable”. 
I am hoping people were done kicking this on the forum where debate has been accomplished "ad infinitem". The last posts on these topics were back in October 2019.  

The subject in this posting is  "Placing of notifications during the IPMS Nationals". Could we please stay on subject?
Let’s move forward.
Bill
  • Like 1

Well, you know what Benjamin Disraeli said about statistics: ‘There are three degrees of falsehoods- lies, damn lies and statistics.’ (Often credited to Mark Twain, but the Earl of Beaconsfield said it first!) Regards, Nick

Edited by Nick Filippone