Latest additions to my Trophy Case

Mark Deliduka

Here are two of the awards I got from Spruefest 2020. They had split the 1/72 scale armor category into Wheeled and Tracked. I got these awards:

Third Place 1/72 scale Tracked:

2020_Spruefest_Third_Place_Tracked.jpg

Third place 1/72 scale Wheeled:

2020_Spruefest_Third_Place_Wheeled.jpg

This was a tremendous surprise given the quality of the models on the contest tables.

Thanks for looking in.

• Like 1

Nicholas, thank you. Yes, I've been building Braille Scale since I was a kid. I still have almost all my models from then too. I do like the Braille Scale since it allows me more room to display (except when it comes to the multi-engined aircraft!) and I love the consistency of a constant scale.

Thanks Bob! I'm thrilled to have gotten these given the incredible number of masterful models already on the table!

• 1 year later...

Well, it's been awhile since I opened this Trophy Case and dusted off these models here. I took care of that while I was making a small amount of room for my latest win in San Diego this past Saturday.

The first Model Contest in Southern California gave me an award, amazingly enough.

Third Place, Sci-Fi and Real Space, San Diego 2021:

full

That is my 1/72 scale Horizon Models Mercury Redstone rocket. Wow, that felt so awesome, especially considering the literal flood of Masterful models entered this year!

• 2 months later...

Another Nationals is in the books and I myself broke another personal Milestone. 

At the Las Vegas Nationals, I took two awards for the first time ever at a Nationals for me. Here they are:

Third place: 1/700 Scale Ships, Commercial OOB

full

That is my 1/700 scale Japanese Fleet Oiler Erimo.

Third place, OOB Sci-fi and Real Space:

full

That is the 1/72 scale Mercury Redstone rocket... again. 

It's funny, I always thought I did better on the Atlas, but this one is the one that keeps beating it.

Thanks again guys!

Well done Mark! You’ve got some serious bragging rights now with those two! And don’t forget to mention your Patton in the group collection that won 1st place in that category. Bravo!

• 1 month later...

Thank you Carlos! Apologies for the late reply.

Well, I did make it to Orangecon this year and this year I made personal history.

I'd been entering and working Orangecon for 26 years now and this year I finally placed First in one of my categories.

Orangecon 2021; First Place Small Scale Armor; 1946 and Later:

full

I'm still blown away.

• 3 weeks later...

Super cool. Sounds like a year of growth for you as the awards kept getting bigger and bigger! Congrats and thanks for sharing your builds 🙂

• 1 month later...