Chris Bucholtz

Walt Fink's DT-33, 1963

This is the Platz 1:72 kit with Eduard photoetched interior panels, modified control columns, and True Details seats. I added wiring the seats,ย scratch-built the canopy piston housing and the canvas cover over the rear panel from CA-impregnated tissue paper, and cut the kit canopy. The wheel wells were detailed and the airbrakes were re-built and their bays were detailed. Anti-torque scissors were stolen from an F-80 photo etched sheet. The decals were sourced from 14 different sheets from Iliad, SuperScale, Fox One, AeroMaster, an Italeri B-66, and even a MicroScale railroad sheet. Weathering was limited to a wash and some scuffing on the non-skid panels. I finished it just in time for a club contest - but, since only four or five people finished their T-33s, the contest was moved to March!

ย 

IMG_9221.JPG

IMG_9225.JPG

IMG_9223.JPG

• Like 3

WOW! That is one eye-catching scheme and build! You've certainly captured everything well, as it photographs as "larger" than 1/72. I look forward to seeing this in person in TX this summer. I bet Walt will absolutely love it! And, I'm right-clicking and saving these pics for a build for myself.....:smiley2:

ย 

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Stunning build Chris. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Regards

Christopher

Magnificent work. Way to go!

Wow - You got all of that one. I like the way the cockpit detail subtly pops out. Beautiful piece!

Edited by VonL

Way cool paint on this one!

Those colors just work together.

Nicely done build all the way around.

Bill