Walt Fink's DT-33, 1963

Chris Bucholtz

This is the Platz 1:72 kit with Eduard photoetched interior panels, modified control columns, and True Details seats. I added wiring the seats, scratch-built the canopy piston housing and the canvas cover over the rear panel from CA-impregnated tissue paper, and cut the kit canopy. The wheel wells were detailed and the airbrakes were re-built and their bays were detailed. Anti-torque scissors were stolen from an F-80 photo etched sheet. The decals were sourced from 14 different sheets from Iliad, SuperScale, Fox One, AeroMaster, an Italeri B-66, and even a MicroScale railroad sheet. Weathering was limited to a wash and some scuffing on the non-skid panels. I finished it just in time for a club contest - but, since only four or five people finished their T-33s, the contest was moved to March!

IMG_9221.JPG

IMG_9225.JPG

IMG_9223.JPG

• Like 3

WOW! That is one eye-catching scheme and build! You've certainly captured everything well, as it photographs as "larger" than 1/72. I look forward to seeing this in person in TX this summer. I bet Walt will absolutely love it! And, I'm right-clicking and saving these pics for a build for myself.....:smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

• 2 weeks later...