MAiM's Hammerschlag

Roktman

This is another kit from deep in the stash. I'm guessing I saw it on FB somewhere, had to have it, and then buried it in The Pile. LOL 😉 It's a 1:24th scale kit from Modern Armies in Scale (MAiM). It's listed on their website under the category "What If '46."

It's 3D printed and then I'm guessing cleaned, molded and cast as I don't see any grow lines. I'm guess whats supposed to be a fuel tank has a lot of edges rather than circular, but it's so obvious, it had to be on purpose. There's ~20 parts to this kit.

IMG_0403.jpg

The main body comes in 2 parts and gives you enough room to paint the highly detailed interior.  Being that it was a What If '46, I went with olive green color interior, with a leather seat.  

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

I started out painting the jumpsuit of the figure a red metallic as it is sort of a futuristic design. But no matter what I did the Scale Color metallic paint just wouldn't go on smoothly.  So the paint was stripped off and here it is in a red primer.

IMG_0547.jpg

While that was drying I went about trying a method for making smooth plastic exterior look like cast metal. I used some Mr. Dissolved Putty and tapped it on the body with an old brush - small areas at a time.
When it dried, I sanded it down a bit with a Fine sanding sponge.  

IMG_0549.jpg

Forgetting to take pics I have the finished machine and driver. The mechanical parts are just a dark gray with a Metallic steel dry-brush. The colors are RLM 70 and Vallejo's tan primer.   Tamiya panel liner was used to outline all the panels. I used a technique shown in You Tuber "Nighshift's" videos for weathering the paint. Looked good while I was doing it. But stepping back and looking at it in it's entirety, I think I went a little overboard on such a small  model... Aah well, next time...

The arm and leg joints were balls and sockets, so it wasn't the easiest to line everything up so that the legs and base of gun rest squarely on the desk. Same with aligning the drivers arm (she actually has the cover handle in her hand) to the cover while lining up the cover where it belongs (the two small hinges broke off long ago...) while making her stand squarely on her feet. Take your time and everything lines up.

Oh, I gave up on the metallics uniform. I went with a dark gray body suit, red leather straps, helmet and boots  and the ray gun was chrome.

IMG_0580.jpg

Next is a Base. Check back for that and thanks for looking.