More of the Duke's First Models of the Year

Mark Deliduka

Happy New Year everyone! I posted already the completed Russian Glider in the Aircraft Forums already. Now here are the other models I finished, all vehicles and all Russian!

To start, I finished two more Aerosans for the game I plan on doing. Here are the two 1/72 scale RS-8 GAZ 98K Aerosans by ACE:

Soviet_Aerosan_RF-8_GAZ_98K_IIII.jpg

Soviet_Aerosan_RF-8_GAZ_98K__IV.jpg

Soviet_Aerosan_RF-8_GAZ_98K__V.jpg

Moving on, I was able to get some armor done as well. This first armor one is the Modelcollect 1/72 scale Russian BMP-3 Early model APC:

Russian_BMP_3_Early_I.jpg

Russian_BMP_3_Early_II.jpg

Russian_BMP_3_Early_III.jpg

Next is another APC, this time the Zvezda 1/72 scale T-15 Armata APC:

Russian_T-15_Armata_APC_I.jpg

Russian_T-15_Armata_APC_II.jpg

Russian_T-15_Armata_APC_III.jpg

That APC was developed from the hull, suspension ans engine of the T-14 Armata main battle tank.  

Finally another Zvezda 1/72 scale kit of the BMPT Terminator AA and AT vehicle:

Russian_BMPT_Terminator_I.jpg

Russian_BMPT_Terminator_II.jpg

Russian_BMPT_Terminator_III.jpg

Now I can move on to all seven of the big Russian eight wheeled trucks I've been doing.

First is the most colorful one. This is the A&A Models Russian AA-60 Airfield Fire Truck and Rescue vehicle:

Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_and_Rescue_I.jp

Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_and_Rescue_II.j

Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_and_Rescue_III.

Next up is Modelcollect's 1/72 scale Russian 9K728 Iskandar K cruise missile truck:

Russian_9K728_Iskandar_K_I.jpg

Russian_9K728_Iskandar_K_II.jpg

Russian_9K728_Iskandar_K_III.jpg

Now Modelcollect's 1/72 scale KZKT 7930 Heavy Cargo Truck:

Russian_KZKT_7930_Heavy_Truck_I.jpg

Russian_KZKT_7930_Heavy_Truck_II.jpg

Russian_KZKT_7930_Heavy_Truck_III.jpg

Now the Modelcollect 1/72 scale MAZ 7411 Heavy Cargo Truck:

Russian_MAZ_7411_Heavy_Truck_I.jpg

Russian_MAZ_7411_Heavy_Truck_II.jpg

Russian_MAZ_7411_Heavy_Truck_III.jpg

Another MAZ truck; the Modelcollect 1/72 scale Russian 56K6E 'Baikal' Air Defense Command Post:

Russian_54K6E_Baikal_Air_Defense_Command

A Third MAZ truck, the Modelcollect 1/72 scale Russian A-222 130mm Coastal Defense Gun 'Bereg':

Russian_A-222_Coastal_Defense_Gun_Bereg_

And the final MAZ truck is the Modelcollect 1/72 scale MAZ 7410 Tractor with the CHMZAP-9990 Trailer:

Russian_MAZ_7410_with_CHMZAP-9990_Traile

And here it is with a load. It isn't the load that comes with the model; I still have to build that. It shouldn't be long, but at least this truck is done:

And that completes my listing of the first models I completed for this new year. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

Incredible! Nice work on a bunch of very cool subjects. To paraphrase that old Army ad: "You build more models before 09 JAN than I'll do all year."

And then Cold War logic kicks in...to counter all of this high-end conventional production, I'll need something nuclear...

Duke,

You are something else. You are a perfect example of one who really enjoys our hobby. 

And all those trucks would seem to be based on the same frame. Russian frugality at its best. 

Thanks Bob! As for the Cold War logic, there's at least one nuclear delivery capable vehicle in that collection up there....😉😎  Thanks again for the great comment!

Ron, thanks! Part of the reason I did all of those trucks at the same time was because of the repetitive nature of assembling the same chassis and suspension over and over. I just wanted to get all those chassis and suspensions done and everything else just fell into place. Thank you again for the compliment too. I do enjoy this Hobby!

Great work.  I like the red stripes on the RF-8 sleds.  I have never seen that before, was it based on a photo?

Thank you Rick. Yes, there are some pics with these sleds having the red strips. Apparently even with the guards, people were getting hit by those props so they added the safety stripes.

That is great I have a 1/35 kit so now I need to build it.

Trumpeter made a nice kit in 1/35, and Jaguar made one in resin a few years ago. I received some Russian magazines back in the late 70's early 80's that had plans and an article about the RF8 Aerosan.  I did a scratch-build of the vehicle back then that is long gone from my display case.  If I remember correctly I did an article with plan drawings back then for what was then called the IPMS Quarterly.  Age does not make for good memory!  I do want to build the Trumpeter kit now after seeing yours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 1:08 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Sweet Rick! I never knew they had a 1/35th scale model of this. Please do build it; I'd love to see it built.

Well, I finally got the 1/35th kit by Trumpeter built.  I am not a very fast builder it seems.  I have fun though. I really liked yours with the red warning marks so did something similar.

IMGP8705.JPG

IMGP8711.JPG

IMGP8710.JPG

IMGP8706.JPG