One of the Duke's First for the Year

Mark Deliduka

Happy New Year everyone. It is a good year for me so far. This is one of the 13 models that I finished yesterday. It is a 1/72 scale Russian Troop Carrying Glider from WWII. It is a short run kit from Eastern Europe and was a bit tough to get together and paint. This bird fought me all the way to the finish line:

Russian_Troop_Glider_I.jpg

Russian_Troop_Glider_II.jpg

Russian_Troop_Glider_III.jpg

There it is, a model of something I never knew ever existed. I'll have to do more research on this to see how it was used. Meanwhile, enjoy!

Afterward, feel free to check out my latest vehicles to see the rest of what I finished.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

That's a completely new one to me Duke! Never knew the Russians even had gliders for troops. If it fought you, I can't tell from the result. Way to persevere and put a very unique subject on your shelf. Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! I'm thrilled with your reply; I was sure it was obvious how difficult this was. Now when I finish my Gotha, Waco and Horsa gliders I'll have one from all the major combatants in WWII

Thanks Chris! Doing my best!

As soon as I read "short run" I was wondering how difficult it was. LOL 😉  You did a VERY nice job with it! 

Some, with a lot of work turn into nice models as you've shown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Way to go, Duke. Keep up the good work!

Mark