Washington DC

rgkranias

I'm from the metro Washington DC area.  Raised in Gettysburg, PA.  BS from La Roche University (Pittsburgh, PA) and MBA VA Tech.  Been stay at home Dad since 2011.

Personal goals are to make my wife laugh (she shakes her head and rolls eyes often) and be the best Dad ever to my kids.  Coaching my sons ice hockey team (think a bunch of 12 year-olds who skate circles around me) and mastering the backward cross-over is a challenge.  A few knee surgeries has put my fitness level to task, working hard for that upward trend.   I really enjoy a good maduro and single malt from time to time.

Like many of you I've returned to modeling after a long time off in 2012.  I'm a continuous work in progress with a primary interest is WWII aviation albeit I do stray from this genre from time to time.  My FB link BezoulaBuilds.

Look forward to interact with this forum and be a sponge to learn new stuff.  I hope I can make significant contributions as well.

Edited by rgkranias

On 1/11/2020 at 11:33 PM, Circuitrider said:

Welcome, Rick! Honored to have you join us!

Thanks David.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:42 PM, ghodges said:

Glad to have you here with us!  Sounds like you'll fit in quite comfortably....though you should know......

GIL :smiley16:

Comfort is a must or I'll disappear?  🙂

On 1/14/2020 at 12:30 AM, Mark Deliduka said:

Welcome Rick! I look forward to seeing your work on these boards. Glad you joined us.

Thanks Mar.

• 2 years later...

Rick,

Welcome! It just so happens there is an IPMS DC chapter. Though we meet in the suburbs of MD, we may be close enough for you. Our meetings are "hybrid," so you can join in person or by Zoom. Check out our web site

ipmsdc.org, and our IPMS DC FaceBook page. Both include a link to join the IPMS DC Google Groups list. Meetings are the third Tuesday of the month, from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm, in Rockville, MD. Joining the mailing list  will ensure you get info on meetings, upcoming programs, and area contests. With clubs in DC, Northern Virginia, Southern, MD, and Baltimore, there's lots of modeling going on in the DMV!

If you have any questions, please drop me a note.

Best Regards,

Pat Hoff

President, IPMS DC Chapter

Welcome, Rick.  I am fairly new myself and just recently joined the IPMS DC chapter.  This past month I attended the chapter meeting via Zoom and had a good time.  I recommend you join the chapter for the next meeting.  It is very casual and most informative.