MiniArt M3 Lee Late

BryanKrueger

The M3 Lee is one of my favorite tank designs. I'm not sure why but the funky asymmetry and ridiculously high profile sure make it unique. I started a Tamiya Lee build back in the late 80s but it ended in a withering hail of pellet gun fire and fire crackers. :lol:

This is the MiniArt M3 Lee Late - no interior kit. It's build pretty much straight from the box with the excepting of adding a few welds and additional casting marks. All PE is included in the kit. I added copper wires for the lights.

The road wheel bogies are a fussy assembly so I glued them together on a flat surface. The tracks are super tedious 79 links per side, my sanity and neck could only manage around 25 at a time so it took many days to get both done but they do remain workable. The fit around the drive sprocket is very tight and can only imagine it is going to get worse with paint. The rear tension wheel is kept loose to tighten the tracks later.

lee_01.jpg

lee_02.jpg

lee_03.jpg

lee_04.jpg

Looks great and those tracks are mind numbing.  Still working on some.

• 2 months later...

I think I am able to call this one done. Figure is Tahk with Alpine head. Correct T41 grousers were designed in 3D cad and printed on a Photon printer.

lee_12.jpg

lee_22.jpg

lee_17.jpg

lee_20_1.jpg

Additional images can be found here: M3 Lee Late

• Like 1

• 1 month later...