The end of 2019.. BAC 221

wdedig

A 1/144 kit of a really cool British experimental Aircraft

I wanted to bring something back from Telford this Year and this kit looked really cool.

Since travelling through London baggage space is critical. Smaller is mandatory,

spacer.png

This was not a hard kit but there were a few curves tossed here and there. Dry-fitting and Sanding were the word of the day.

spacer.png

I added some details to the landing gear such as retractors and braces, using Albion alloys real small tubbing.

spacer.png

Kit decals were used and the were mostly very good except the red forward sections on the nose, I used some Vallejo red for touch up. Checking steady-ness of my hands.

spacer.png

This was a Beautiful aircraft and I am quite happy with the small version I have. 

PS the Paint is much smoother than the Magnified photos reflect.

spacer.png

Thanks for taking a look and Comments welcome

Happy New Year 

Bill

Gotta agree, that's one sleek and beautiful design, and you put a very pretty scheme on it too. I do have to ask though...what is going on behind the canopy? I'm totally unfamiliar with this plane, so I have no idea how it "should" look. Was this one of the early design uses of a nose that would move downward, like was later incorprated into the SST? Nice build, and thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Thanks Guys.

Gill, the nose section did decline and was the predecessor to the front of the SST.

Pretty cool,huh?

Cheers

Bill

• Like 1