Troop Transport

Roktman

This kit has been in my stash for a very long time. So long in fact that it outlasted the producer - Two Fat Guys.  Sidebar: one of the guys went on to form JPG Productions. The 1:2256 scale model came in 7 or 8 parts (I forget now) and was very easy to clean up and get ready for building. The parts went together effortlessly.

IMG_0167.jpg

Looking at images from the Phantom Menace movie, it had this beige, almost rust looking color. What I decided to do was start dark and then mask off sections which would be panels. Then sprayed a lighter color.  

IMG_0193.jpg

I did the masking and painting for a number of levels until I had my lightest color. Then removed all the masking tape. Thankfully no paint peeled off from this procedure. This made the wings look "busy."  Then I weathered the ship.

IMG_0198.jpg

Then it sat and sat.  I knew I wanted to do a little vignette of when the ships landed in the forests of Naboo. finally when I found time, I took an open ended box from Michaels which I turned over and used for a base. Then I took 3 different sized dowels (one size was wooden cotton buds) as the trees. I used cut up pieces of the fiber hanging basket liners as branches.

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

When that was done I added two different times of ground foam as leaves and I finished it up by gluing the ship in place. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg