Jacob Marley

Roktman

Another excellent sculpt from John Dennett and Moondevil Studios. The 1:5th bust was cast in a light green odorless resin. The kit comes in 2 parts - the bust and the base.

After washing with warm soapy water, and giving it a coat of primer I wanted to make Jacob the ghost he was when seen in his scene of A Christmas Carol.  I had used Citadel's Nihilakh Oxide on the Ghost Lighthouse Keeper and decided Jacob needed the same treatment.

But first he needed his earthly colors. As this movie (1952 film) was in B&W, I was free to use whatever I want. So I decided on a white shirt, black jacket, and maroon tie, pale flesh and auburn hair.
IMG_0428.jpg
Ol' Ebenezer looking on favorably

From there I started his ghostly change -
IMG_0429.jpg
The purple is masking fluid to protect painted eyes
IMG_0430.jpg

I went back and forth with Jacob adding and subtracting the green and white, until I got a look I liked. The base was painted, and I added a little snow. Done. Thanks for looking.
IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic effects there.

I just can't shake the thought that it could'a been the ghost of Bob Marley...different story...

Ghost of Bob Marley.png

Edited by VonL
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 12:13 AM, VonL said:

Fantastic effects there.

I just can't shake the thought that it could'a been the ghost of Bob Marley...different story...

Ghost of Bob Marley.png

Hehe If they offered a resin Bob Marley ghost I'd have a crack at it. 😉 LOL