Temporary glue joint?

TonyD

I'm working on an Airfix 1/72 B-26 and would like to temporarily attach the engine nacelles to the wings while I paint the top and bottom surfaces. The engines do not fit very tightly and will fall off if I abruptly move the model. After painting, I want to remove the nacelles, install the engines and propellers into them and then finally set them in place. The parting line is a natural panel line and will not need to be filled after painting.

So I'm looking for a suggestion on how to do this. Perhaps a dab of white glue? Some rubber cement (Micro Mask)?

I've used a product called 5 second fix that I got from Amazon.  It's a clear cement that is cured by UV light (the opposite end of the pen).  Works well & doesn't take near as long to cure as Elmers.  I wouldn't use rubber cement.  You run the risk of deforming the plastic.

Plain old Elmer's White Glue.  Tape the nacelles in place while it dries.  It will hold the part in place, and when you need to separate them it "unsticks" easily.  Peel the Elmer's off and reattach the part when you're ready to do so.

You could also use small drops of CA, but that's a little more difficult to remove.

Cheers!

Ralph