ENCORE 1/32 Voss Dr.I "F103/17"

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Guest Bun E. Carlos

What do you get when you take a Fokker Dr.I in 1/32 from RODEN and give it to SQUADRON???? Yup.........just like the McCudden S.E.5a, SQUADRON is popping the Voss issue of the Dr.I he flew in his last epic battle.........read "A Good Read" in this A/C Forum...........According to the Rep at the Nats, they will be adding a resin engine (Voss had a captured Le Rhone) , Photo-Etched........resin Cowl (w/lip), rear tail and a Figure. I tried to shoplift it, but the box was empty.....i think Sam got the parts before me :) BTW, Sam..........did you find your pants?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Bun E. Carlos

<H1 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 0px">I found this.....</H1>September 24 2009 at 4:50 PM Allan Buttrick (Login Allan31)

HyperScale Forums

from IP address 99.29.29.117

Response to I looked through what references I haveMuch chatting about this yellow/green color.

Fokker%20F.I%20103%2017%20Voss%20Classic.jpg

Yep...big argument/discussion over on Hyperscale about Voss' plane. Personally, since it was a prototype and "new" to the front, I don't think it would've gotten the Jasta colors until Voss decided he was going to "keep" it and fly it regularly. I vote GREEN for the cowling color, if only because of the contrast between the white of the eyes and cowl color, which is decidedly darker. In the end, who's gonna prove ya wrong?? Like someone else here said, build what ya like, and like what ya build!

GIL :smiley16:

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Glenn.........read the account that I posted here.

The Colors.........I still refer to Karl Timm, Voss's Mechanic. To further that, I also would bring up the point about F102/17, which was MVR's mount until he went on leave and Karl Wolf was shot down in it.........if Jasta colors were in effect, part of that machine would be red also......but according to pics, it was not.