Jump to content
Wolfman63

1/48 Tamiya F-16C 61st Fighter Squadron

Recommended Posts

The next build is an F-16C from 61st Fighter Squadron. I am using Tamiya’s F-16C as well as Ares resin accessories. The Ares accessories include the resin cockpit, resin wheel wells, and the resin exhaust. This is a commission build for a veteran who worked with the 61st FS at MacDill AFB in the 1990’s. The decals for this will be custom made for this aircraft.

To start with I washed, trimmed and shaped all the resin parts. The ejection seat uses photo etch details like signs, seat belts, and handles. It was weathered with pastel chalk. Moving to the dashboard I used a photo of a real F-16C dash and made decals for the digital screens. Added some photo etch details and detail painted the rest. For the cockpit tub I added the photo etch details and detail painted the knobs, switches and joystick. The cockpit side walls were added completing the cockpit. There will be some trimming required to fit the resin cockpit assembly into the fuselage which I am working on now.

 

You can see all the other photos in my build log at https://davidsscalemodels.com/build-log/1-48-f-16c-from-the-61st-fighter-squadron/

 

dscn2874.jpg

 

dscn2876.jpg

 

dscn2883.jpg

 

dscn2888.jpg

 

dscn2889.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful work man! I almost feel like I can sit ion that and start flippin' switches! Way to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent start!

 

GIL :smiley16:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More pictures, more pictures!. It’s nice to see that someone actually dirties up the seat cushions on an ejection seat. The wash really makes things stand out. Great work.

Christopher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week’s update on the F-16C covers the resin landing gear bays and the intake and exhaust of the engine. To start with I primed the resin bays with Tamiya white primer. They were then sprayed with Vallejo off white. Wire harnesses were painted flat black and 32 awg wire was used for the hydraulic lines. The main landing gear bay required very little trimming to fit but it took some careful alignment. The nose gear bay required a lot of trimming and shaping to fit. The cockpit required some minor trimming and was installed into the fuselage and the fuselage was then assembled. Lastly the landing gear was installed into the bays installation was very easy.

I then detailed and painted the intake. The resin exhaust was then assembled, painted and weathered. The inside was painted burnt umber and weathered using light gray, dark gray and black paste chalk. The inside cone has the edge weathered in light gray at the very edge. The outside was painted aluminum at the base and jet exhaust for the feathers. The exhaust was assembled and initial fit into the fuselage require a lot of trimming where the tail mounts. There are mounts for the tail on the inside that needed to be trimmed down to half their height. The large tab for the tail needed to be trimmed down as well for the tail to sit flush. Once done the exhaust was aligned and glued in place.

Working on the fuselage details now and getting ready to paint the base coat of paint.

Check out all the build photos and details from the start  at https://davidsscalemodels.com/build-log/1-48-f-16c-from-the-61st-fighter-squadron/

dscn2892.jpg

 

dscn2904.jpg

 

dscn2905.jpg

 

dscn2907.jpg

 

dscn2911.jpg

 

dscn2917.jpg

 

dscn2933.jpg

 

dscn2937.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...