Sign in to follow this  
IPMSUpdates

New Review: P-47D Thunderbolt "Bubble Top" (Set of 2)

Product Image

Platz has been a consistent supplier of new review kits to us, and I'm pleased to be able to review this recent release.  Newly tooled and boxed, this kit is a joy to build with 4 great marking schemes available to share between the two complete models. Let's dive in.

All parts are crisply molded with very nicely engraved panel and control surface lines.  Instructions are in full color.  The instrument panels are molded in clear plastic - when removing these from the sprue, be careful not to confuse the gunsight with the sprue - I accidentally clipped off the first gunsight in error when cutting parts.  I used a toothpick to add white dots to the back face of the panel and then overpainted with black, resulting in a nice-looking panel (very little of which is visible once you button up the cockpit.)  I added thin masking tape strips simulating harnesses, but again, you won't see much with a closed canopy. I considered slicing one of the canopies open but didn't want to risk the damage; one could add more detail if desired.

read more

View the full article

Sign in to follow this